Faithful+Gould is an integrated project management firm delivering Project and Programme management consultancy services worldwide. We work in various sectors such as education, commercial offices, retail, residential, science/innovation and Health. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise.
Our Glasgow office is growing strongly and we are seeking a new Associate Director to join the team to provide a key role in demonstrating to clients and colleagues what Constructive Expertise is all about. You impart confidence to clients and develop long-term profitable relationships. You coach and mentor less experienced colleagues - developing skills, knowledge and experience.
• Responsibility for larger, more complex or challenging commissions or projects.
• Providing full, efficient and effective services in all technical and contractual aspects of professional practice.
• Keeping abreast of relevant legislative changes, industry issues and developments in best practice.
• Positively contributing to and participating in internal/external training initiatives.
• Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
• Positively encouraging compliance with company requirements and contributing to the improvement and development of the organisation’s management systems.
• Acting as account manager for clients, providing service delivery, demonstrating your role as a key stakeholder and first point of contact.
• Playing an instrumental role in generating repeat business, winning new work and developing new business opportunities.
• Leading business development and preparation of bid documentation
• Ensuring the profitable management of commercial aspects of commissions and/or projects including governance, fee management activities together with internal job costings, planning and organising workload/resource requirements and inter-trading.
• Calculating the impact of scope variations and negotiating additional fees with client.
• Contributing to and implementing the office business plan, developing business opportunities in line with the business strategy and looking for market opportunities.
• Managing and leading teams to enable a strongly motivated, engaged and high performing function.
• Reviewing and monitoring the performance of team members ensuring that the organisation's Policies and corporate processes and systems are consistently applied and adhered to.
• Contributing to recruitment of high performing and professional individuals who display the Faithful+Gould values.
• Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or equivalent recognised institutional body.
• Thorough understanding and broad experience of the key specialist service(s) which you undertake.
• Full understanding of the component parts of a project and overall project management techniques.
• Fluency with the different procurement methods available in the industry.
• High standard of proficiency in oral and written communication and ability to structure, review and direct appropriately.
• Confident use of Microsoft Office and other role related software package
• Ability to win repeat work but also to develop relationships with new clients to successfully achieve new business.
• Appreciation of client's business drivers and commercial interests.
• Possess a network of contacts and build up a number of key relationships in your specialist sector.
• Demonstrate an ability to effectively financially manage a team delivering a number of projects.
• In-depth understanding of Faithful+Gould business strategy, the wider organisation; and of market competition.
• Effective management of team(s) on major/complex commissions or projects, or for major client(s), including maximising performance.
• Managing, coaching and leading high performing team(s) including confidently dealing with performance related issues.
• Established, quality working relationships with clients and colleagues
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a growing and vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses first class communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, who will provide a first-class service to our Clients.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability