Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, in the UK & Europe, is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression and diversity. Placing a strong emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise.
At Faithful+Gould, we believe that, in today’s global market, diverse groups make better resolutions and that better resolutions steer to better business results. We are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where world-class talent knows no distinctions and is empowered to realize their full potential as important members of our team.
Due to continued growth, we currently have an opportunity for an Associate Director with extensive experience managing transportation projects and building strong client relationships within the region. The role will be based in our London office managing the South East of England for the sector.
The successful candidate will:
- Draw upon a proven track record to manage projects for or on behalf of local or national transport bodies.
- Continually strive to improve the business value proposition and develop knowledge and expertise of the team
- Help to develop new business opportunities whilst deepening key client understanding and relationships.
Candidates are expected to come from either project management, cost consultancy or engineering technical backgrounds.
Reporting into the regional transportation head and being a senior member of the regional transportation team, you will be responsible for growing the existing team and building long term, sustainable team relationships with our most important local authority clients. You are expected to:
- Having management skills necessary to direct and manage the project team having responsibility, under minimum supervision, delivering portfolios and projects relating to highways and infrastructure; including pre and post project controls.
- Be the ambassador for Faithful+Gould, your profession and the professional institution to which you belong.
- Providing guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders, including effectively chairing meetings.
- Clear understanding of and expertise in project commercial accountability
- Actively broaden your experience and expertise in line with the core proficiencies.
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the fundamentals of quality assurance and environmental management
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery
Team building and management
- Growing and managing sector-focussed team
- Mentoring and developing your team.
- Manage the account management team to maximise their impact
- Enhance the reputation of our business
- Increase our share of the client’s spend
- Build client relationships and harness opportunities for cross selling our full spectrum of services & locations
- Managing interfaces with design and engineering elements of our business
- Upskilling others and providing career growth opportunity
- Drive high levels of client satisfaction
- Proven track record to manage projects for or on behalf of local or national transport authorities
- Chartered with RICS, ICE or similar
- Manage business development and/or account management activities
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme.
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured training scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities. Faithful+Gould are accredited Investors in People.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not refer to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs