Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project, cost management and building surveying consultancies operating at the forefront of the industry across a wide range of sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
Due to business growth we have a great opportunity for an Associate Director to take up the role of Head of Quantity Surveying within our Southampton office.
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate experience of leading consultancy teams and should possess skills in most of the following areas:
- Managing and delivering a Quantity Surveying consultancy services
- Proven ability to contribute to business development and business growth
- A track record of generating opportunities and winning new work
- Experience of key client account management
- Ability to lead, inspire and develop a team of talented individuals
- Proven ability to successfully manage a business unit
- Hold a relevant construction qualification and be a professional member of a recognised professional institution i.e. RICS.
Furthermore, specific requirements are detailed as follows:
- Detailed knowledge of working within the Quantity Surveying and Consultancy Services market
- Work closely with colleagues across all service lines to identify opportunities to cross-sell complementary Quantity Surveying services
- Identification of key Clients / markets to pursue, aligned to the UK Quantity Surveying strategy
- Ensure appropriate engagement with the wider F+G, Atkins and SNC Lavalin business, as determined by the strategy
- Attend sector led events locally and nationally to promote the F+G business
- Oversee all business development activity for the Quantity Surveying Team
- Ensure that a clear BD and Marketing Strategy, aligned to the Business Plan, is developed
- Act as the main Quantity Surveying focused market-facing individual for Faithful+Gould in the Solent market
- Play a key role in generating repeat business, winning new work and developing new business opportunities
- Take the lead on developing new business proposals and tendering, liaising with the marketing team to ensure highest quality marketing and promotional materials.
Financial / Operational
- Develop the Quantity Surveying budgets and targets, and take responsibility for delivery of same
- Be a focal point and leadership figure for the Quantity Surveying team.
- Management experience of successful project delivery from inception to handover.
- Ability to deal with Clients and/or within the business at a senior level - experience of client management and development
- Maintain service quality standards and promote a culture of continuous improvement and technical excellence.
- Provide guidance, leadership, mentoring and technical expertise to team members
- Take responsibility for some key projects and the account management and customer care for major clients.
Rewards and Benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance
ATKINS, part of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability