Associate Director - Infrastructure
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Faithful+Gould is an international company with a strong culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
Due to business growth we are looking for an exceptional Associate Director (Cost Manager) with strong and proven infrastructure experience (notably Rail, Highways) to take a lead position in the London Infrastructure Team. The individual would play a key role in supporting the growth of our infrastructure team through delivering and winning work with existing clients, including a major Highways client, and growing our portfolio.
Based in Victoria and reporting to the responsible Regional Director you will contribute to the business plan for the team. You will manage and plan resources, innovate and foster a collaborative, professional and positive working environment.
This role will also involve business development activity and inter-action with other offices in the region and the wider Faithful+Gould business. You will be specifically responsible for the delivery of major commissions and support the Regional Director in recruiting high calibre individuals that will deliver excellence to our clients. You will stimulate profitable growth for the team, act as a mentor to others and drive the performance of the business forward.
- Member/Fellow of RICS or similar qualification is essential.
- Pre and post contract commercial services experience.
- Knowledge of the industry in London + South East
- Existing network of relevant contacts with the infrastructure sector/industry (notably Highways sector)
- Proven experience in a senior level role, and delivering high value and challenging infrastructure projects (Highways)
- Detailed knowledge of our competitors, understand our market differentiators and help to shape them
- Strategic vision of the market and industry and ability to focus our business to take full advantage of market conditions
- Proven track record of winning and developing new business opportunities
- Extensive experience in preparing bids, proposals, attending interviews and winning work
- Proven team management skills and experience
- Management of resources and workload planning, financial performance, quality assurance and business development
- Assume Key Account Management responsibility and customer focus
- Commercial management and governance on our projects
- Support the Director in meeting/exceeding KPIs and targets set for the business
- Contribute to the business plan and steward the delivery of the commercial office aspects of this
- Grow our market share in the sector by maximizing opportunities with existing clients and bringing new clients to the business
- Set and maintain excellent service quality standards and a culture of continuous improvement
- Working closely with the Regional Team Leaders to develop business leads in all sectors and to generate opportunities from a London + South East regional and national perspective
- Liaise with our marketing team to ensure we have the highest quality marketing collateral
- Influencing and assisting in strategic decisions within the team
- Collaboration with other offices, service streams, sectors and the wider Atkins business to provide combined and innovative solutions improving our market advantage
- Liaising with graduate recruitment, APC programmes, and staff development.
Rewards and Benefits:
F+G offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance
Faithful + Gould, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.