Associate Director - Project Management
Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
Due to business growth we are looking to recruit an Associate Director to be based in our Edinburgh office, you will be a key member of the team and will be expected to manage and deliver projects for key clients and to form part of a team approach to service delivery. Our high performing teams in Edinburgh, closely collaborate with other offices in our North Region.
- Responsibility for larger, more complex or challenging commissions or projects.
- Providing full, efficient and effective services in all technical and contractual aspects of professional practice.
- Collaborating with other disciplines and teams within Faithful+Gould and the wider Atkins group.
- Keeping abreast of relevant legislative changes, industry issues and developments in best practice.
- Positively contributing to and participating in internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
- Good understanding and practical application of the organisation's Policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety and the safety of those who report to you.
- Positively encouraging compliance with company requirements and contributing to the improvement and development of the organisation’s management systems.
• RICS Qualified or similar Project Management Qualification
• Thorough understanding and broad experience of the key specialist service(s) which you undertake.
• Full understanding of the component parts of a project and overall project management techniques.
• Fluency with the different procurement methods available in the industry.
• High standard of proficiency in oral and written communication and ability to structure, review and direct appropriately.
• Good familiarity of the organisation's (company) Policies and effective use of corporate systems and processes for delivering tasks.
• Confident use of Microsoft Office and other role related software packages
• Ability to win repeat work but also to develop relationships with new clients to successfully achieve new business.
• Appreciation of client's business drivers and commercial interests.
• Possess confident business development skills, understanding of the external market and forward workload in your region and national sector/service.
• Possess a network of contacts and build up a number of key relationships in your specialist sector.
• Membership of a national team/forum to promote Faithful+Gould's reputation and knowledge, and visible internal personal profile.
• Demonstrate an ability to effectively financially manage a team delivering a number of projects.
• Knowledge of the financial management system for projects and a track record in delivering regular, consistent successful results.
• In-depth understanding of Faithful+Gould business strategy, the wider organisation; and of market competition.
• Effective management of team(s) on major/complex commissions or projects, or for major client(s), including maximising performance.
• Ability to effectively and collaboratively resource projects.
• Managing, coaching and leading high performing team(s) including confidently dealing with performance related issues.
• Established, quality working relationships with clients and colleagues.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme.
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured training scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities. Faithful+Gould are accredited Investors In People.
Rewards and Benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance
Our Latest Articles