Associate Director Project Manager
Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing strong emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. We're currently looking for an Associate Director Project Manager to join our established team in Edinburgh, to help grow our local and regional market presence.
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses exemplary communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, who will provide a first class service to our Clients.
- A Winning Attitude - you focus on your goals, managing resources as applicable, whilst highlighting potential new or repeat business opportunities.
- Meet the Challenge - you always seek out new learning opportunities to ensure your technical skills and knowledge is current. You assist/mentor colleagues with their development.
- A Team Player - you contribute to a positive and friendly environment, helping to set the tone for colleagues. You help build relationships across teams and with clients.
- Customer Driven - you fully contribute to excellent customer service and understand the customers’ changing business needs.
- Aware - you have an understanding of the wider Faithful+Gould goals and an awareness of the dynamics of relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Engaging - you contribute concisely and effectively with clients and colleagues without using unnecessary jargon. You respect other points of view and seek out the best result in discussions. Ambassador for F+G - you take pride in your work and the work Faithful+Gould does and you share this with your colleagues and clients.
- Delivers - you develop delivery plans for projects, involve others and ensure objectives are met. Adaptable - you challenge the status quo and perform to a high standard in an uncertain environment, in pursuit of performance improvement.
- A robust track recording delivering commercial projects and an understanding of the local and regional market.
- Be a focal point and leadership figure for part of the well-established project management team.
- Contribute to the strategic plans for the business and help maintain and develop business for the future.
- Maintain service quality standards and a culture of continuous improvement and constructive expertise.
- Take responsibility for some key projects and the account management and customer care for major clients.
- New business proposals and tendering, liaising with the marketing team to ensure highest quality marketing and promotional materials.
- Collaboration with other service streams, sectors and the wider F+G and Atkins business to provide combined and innovative solutions improving our competitive advantage
- Ensuring the quality and timeliness of service delivery to clients, acting as primary interface to help build clients' confidence in the team.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Playing an instrumental role in generating repeat business, winning new work and developing new business opportunities.
- Controlling workload and resources.
- Developing key industry contacts.
- Keeping abreast of industry issues and developments in best practice.
- Managing and leading teams to enable a strongly motivated, engaged and high performing function. Managing other individuals including undertaking performance and development reviews (PDRs) and mentoring and coaching less experienced colleagues.
- Providing guidance, leadership and technical expertise to team members.
- Competently communicating and interacting with others, in accordance with the organisation's values.
Rewards and Benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and abilit