Associate Director - Project Manager
Associate Director - Project Manager
Faithful+Gould is looking to recruit a high calibre Associate Director for its Project & Programme Management Team in Manchester. The successful candidate will join a highly successful and established team of project and programme management practitioners based across the North West.
You will play a lead role within the team, working collaboratively with your colleagues to deliver high quality projects and technical excellence for clients across our key market sectors.
You will demonstrate a proven track record in leading and delivering effective and efficient project management services to clients, ideally within the North West UK. You will show a commitment to continuous improvement through learning and development and develop new business opportunities as you broaden your experience and deepen your client understanding. You will be eager to contribute, working collaboratively with our sector and service leadership whilst also able to own and drive initiatives that develop our business and achieve our strategic objectives.
- A highly motivated and collaborative Project Management Practitioner experienced in delivering best practice Project Management methodology on larger and more complex projects.
- Recent Client facing Project Management consultancy experience within the Development, Commercial Property or Public sectors is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to proactively lead multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Recent experience acting in an NEC Project Manager role essential.
- The ability to articulate construction industry knowledge and technical excellence to Clients and colleagues.
- A keen desire to proactively lead and develop Client relationships and accounts.
- Lead the management and execution of construction projects through the whole project life cycle, utilising best practice methodology.
- Establish and build positive and collaborative relationships with all project stakeholders in accordance with Faithful+Gould's values.
- Act as lead Client interface in providing service delivery, demonstrating your role as a key stakeholder, account lead and first point of contact.
- Responsibility for the commercial success of projects placed under your control, including the effective and efficient management of project accounts, governance, and resource requirements.
- Ensuring service delivery compliance with Faithful+Gould's policies, toolkits, and standards.
- Line management responsibility within the team managing workload whilst providing guidance, leadership, and technical expertise to your reports.
- Act as a mentor and coordinate and support the development activities of junior team members.
- Work with regional and UK sector and account leads to drive the development of new business opportunities in line with business strategy whilst optimising market opportunities for new or repeat business.
- Lead the preparation of fee proposals and bid submissions.
- Lead large scale, complex projects from inception to completion with minimal support from senior colleagues.
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
- Developing your understanding of the organisation's Policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety while at work.
- Consciously monitoring how you interact with others, in accordance with the organisation's values.
- Degree qualification (or equivalent) in a construction related discipline.
- A professional member of a recognised professional institution (MRICS, MAPM or equivalent).
- A positive, collaborative, and innovative approach able to work on your own initiative.
- Effective leadership of project management services in a Client facing role.
- Experience of building positive Client relationships and business networks.
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams & delivering successful projects through a recognised project management methodology
- Sound technical project management knowledge demonstrating established experience and aptitude.
- Experience of administering standard UK building contracts (NEC and JCT forms) and ability to advise on appropriate procurement routes.
- Effective review of contracts documents including familiarity with contractual obligations, breaches, and remedies.
- Thorough understanding of Health & Safety and Environmental legislation relevant to the UK construction industry.
- Committed to ongoing personal development.
- A valid UK driving licence.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Project, programme & cost management
Faithful+Gould is looking to recruit a high calibre Project Manager for its Project & Programme Management Team in the North West UK. The successful candidate will join an established team of projec
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs