Associate Director Quantity Surveying
Associate Director Quantity Surveying
Faithful+Gould is an international company with a strong culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
Due to business growth we are looking for an exceptional Associate Director (Cost Manager) with strong and proven Transportation experience (notably Rail, Highways) to take a lead position in the Yorkshire Transportation Team. The individual would play a key role in supporting the growth of our Transportation team through delivering and winning work with existing clients and growing our portfolio.
Based in Leeds and reporting to the responsible Regional Sector Lead you will contribute to the business plan for the team. You will manage and plan resources, innovate and foster a collaborative, professional and positive working environment.
This role will also involve business development activity and inter-action with other offices in the region and the wider Faithful+Gould business. You will be specifically responsible for the delivery of major commissions and support the Regional Director in recruiting high calibre individuals that will deliver excellence to our clients. You will stimulate profitable growth for the team, act as a mentor to others and drive the performance of the business forward.
Reporting into the regional transportation lead and being a senior member of the regional transportation team, you will be responsible for building a long term, sustainable relationships with our most important local authority clients. You are expected to:
- Lead the account management team to maximise their impact
- Enhance the reputation of our business
- Increase our share of the client’s spend
- Access higher margin work
- Exploit opportunities for cross selling our full spectrum of services & locations
- Leading interfaces with design and engineering elements of our business
- Upskilling others and providing career growth opportunity
- Drive high levels of client satisfaction
- Having leadership skills necessary to direct and manage the project team having responsibility, under minimum supervision, delivering portfolios and projects relating to highways and infrastructure; including pre and post project controls.
- Be an ambassador for Faithful+Gould, your profession and the professional institution to which you belong.
- Providing guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders, including effectively chairing meetings.
- Clear understanding of and competence in project commercial accountability
- Actively broaden your experience and expertise in line with the core competencies.
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery
Team building and management:
- Creating and managing sector-focused teams
- Mentoring trainee, assistant and graduate colleagues.
- Proven track record to lead projects for or on behalf of local or national highway authorities in a Project Director capacity
- Member (or working towards membership) of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or equivalent recognised institutional body
- Chartered with RICS, ICE or similar
- Extensive NEC contract suite knowledge with accreditation preferable
- Lead business development and/or account management activities for highways or infrastructure clients.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould,a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs