Associate Director- Site Based
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
The Initial Project;
Located in North-West Saudi Arabia, and serving as a crossroads between East and West, AlUla has been built by successive societies and civilizations over millennia. The exhibition will take visitors on a journey through the natural and historic wonders of this region by immersing them in AlUla’s unique landscape and the ancient North Arabian Kingdoms of Dadan and Lihyan, and the Nabataean city of Hegra, Saudi Arabia’s first UNESCO World Heritage Site. A region of outstanding natural and cultural significance in North-West Saudi Arabia. Royal Commission for AlUla (RCU) has embarked on a long-term plan to develop and deliver a sensitive, sustainable transformation of the region, reaffirming it as one of the country's most important archaeological and cultural destinations and preparing it to welcome visitors from around the world.
Associate Director (Cost Management) - KSA
- In-depth knowledge and experience in cost and commercial management of projects at both pre contract, tender/procurement and post contract stages.
- Middle East construction market experience in last 4-5 years preferable.
- Middle East construction experience added benefit, delivery experience in Saudi Arabia would be a differentiator.
- Good common law, contract, commercial and fiduciary understanding, minimum 15 years post qualification experience.
- Excellent written English for preparation of contracts, task orders, contract letters, notices and communications.
- Good negotiation skills to agree contracts with clients, contractors and sub-contractors.
- Previous experience in government departments/ client-side and or contractor roles.
- Large company project financial control systems use and understanding.
- Large company internal governance procedures will be an added factor.
- Good attention to detail and ability to review invoices and contracts prior to issue.
- Degree in relevant discipline (quantity surveying).
- Professional Membership (MRICS, MCIOB, MCIPS, MCIArb).
- Knowledge of KSA common/ government/ contract law.
- Knowledge of PMIS systems.
- Contract interpretation and advice/ action.
- Client and stakeholder management.
- Executive level reporting.
- Internal project and financial management.
- Internal governance management.
- Resource management.
- Managing and assisting technical teams to prepare task orders/ work packages.
Desirable Internal Accounting Experience;
- Maintaining rolling revenue, cost, margin and headcount forecasts.
- Reporting on project performance.
- Leveraging project commercial performance – revenues and costs.
- Ensure time charge hours properly captured and invoiced on time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management from recognised University or Bachelor of Laws.
- Must have previous experience of FIDIC Contracts.
- Strong contractual, commercial and financial knowledge.
- Minimum 15 years pre and/ or post-contract relevant capacity in cost and commercial management.
- Must have consultant and/ or client background for minimum of 10 years.
- Must have minimum of 4 years Middle East experience preferred.
- Project management acumen.
- Good communication skills.
- At ease with Client presentations/ reports.
- Team player, team leader.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include: Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and Oman. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Rewards & Benefits:
- We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Project specific Allowance (per month)
- Project rotation available;
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme
Our Latest Articles