Associate Electrical Engineer (Building Services) - Burghfield
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Electrical Engineer – Epsom office – Open for Contract or Full Time Permanent position
Work Location – Burghfield
Atkins’ Building Design Practice is looking for an experienced, motivated Associate Electrical Engineer who is keen to develop their career in a positive environment and join our Building Services team where talent is encouraged and growth opportunities unrivalled. This role will be based in Burghfield Site Office but presents the opportunity to join a national delivery team and work with designers across the UK and internationally through our Global Design Centre.
This role will involve working as part of a national practice of Building Design professionals delivering engineering design solutions to clients across a wide variety of markets and sectors. The Building Design practice works on projects across all of our focus markets, including Aviation, Cities & Development, Education, Energy and Transportation.
The opportunity will require candidates to be client-facing as well as being involved in the day to day design and management of projects. It is an exciting opportunity for an experienced design engineer to further develop their career within a leading building design consultancy.
Our focus is on developing our staff to realize their full potential, with development plans geared to individual needs and abilities. This role will allow development of existing technical skills as well as providing potential to expand digital skills and project management.
- Specification and design of fixed and temporary low voltage electrical installations.
- Carrying out electrical power and lighting design calculations on fixed and temporary installations
- Liaise with architects and other designers in interpreting input information and applying it to generate a comprehensive electrical design
- Preparing technical specifications using NBS
- Working in partnership with Atkins international Global Design Centre (GDC) to add value to building services projects where appropriate.
- Preparing drawings for drafting by the CAD team a working understanding / use of Autodesk (& Revit).
- Report & technical note writing.
- Representing Atkins at meetings with clients and contractors
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works
- Report writing
- Maintaining complete records and archives to company standards
- Carry out technical reviews, and respond to requests for information
- Adherence to all quality, environmental & governance processes.
- Manage own workload
- Lead and manage your projects independently with little assistance within budget.
- Reviewing progress, inc. reporting any anomalies and changes of scope to the line manager.
- Help & assist with technical development of junior staff
- Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services Engineering or related subjects.
- Chartered Engineer with CIBSE / IET, or working towards chartership.
- Sufficient experience working on Building Services projects
- Sufficient experience working in a design consultancy - some experience of working within a contractor environment is additionally welcome
- Have a detailed knowledge of appropriate technical standards.
- Good level of computer literacy in Windows, Amtech, Dialux/Relux, NBS (Specification Software), Bluebeam, Microsoft packages, and an understanding of AutoCAD for infrequent use .
- Good knowledge and skills designing in a 3D environment, including experience in 3D software packages including Revit.
- Able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with client is essential
- Due to the nature of projects, you must be eligible for security clearance and will be provided to undergo a security vetting process.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations
Please check the Link below:
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.