Associate Electrical Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins Infrastructure business are looking to appoint an Associate Electrical Engineer who is looking to further develop their career in a forward-thinking Building Design practice. The role will be based in our Epsom office but presents the opportunity to join a national delivery team and work with designers across the UK and internationally through our Global Design Centre.
This opportunity will involve working as part of a national practice of Building Design professionals delivering engineering design solutions to clients across the UK. The Building Design practice work on projects across all our focus markets, including Aviation, Cities & Development, Commercial, Defence, Energy and Transportation.
As an Associate Engineer you will work closely with bid teams to capture internal and external business opportunities in the above referenced sectors. You’ll have the capability to take a brief, provide a comprehensive Building Services bid response and manage a team to deliver project design services.
- Minimum ONC or equivalent in building services engineering or related subjects/suitable equivalent experience
- Enough experience working on Building Services projects
- Enough experience working in a design consultancy - some experience of working within a contractor environment is additionally welcome
- Working towards chartered status and membership of CIBSE/IET
- A working knowledge of electrical standards used in the temporary event industry may be an advantage
- Good level of computer literacy in Windows, Amtech, Dialux/Relux, NBS (Specification Software) and Microsoft packages - an understanding of AutoCAD / Revit is beneficial.
- Able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with client is essential
- Due to the nature of projects, you must be eligible for security clearance and will be provided to undergo a security vetting process.
- Specification and design of fixed and temporary low voltage electrical installations.
- Carrying out electrical power and lighting design calculations on fixed and temporary installations
- Liaise with architects and other designers in interpreting input information and applying it to generate a comprehensive electrical design
- Preparing technical specifications
- Preparing drawings for drafting by the CAD team
- Representing Atkins at meetings with clients and contractors
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works
- Report writing
- Maintaining records and archives to company standards
- Manage own workload
- We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations
Should hold the following qualities
- Capable of Leading a MEP design team
- Forward thinking
- Commercial and financial knowledge and experience in bidding and project work
- Technical strength in their discipline and possibly a market sector
- Flexibility on working location is an advantage
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.