Associate Environmental Consultant (Contaminated land & Hydrogeology)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins’ Infrastructure business are looking to appoint two Associate Environmental Consultant specialising in contaminated land and Brownfield development to drive business development and competitive bidding with the primary focus on the developer market.
The Infrastructure business provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of development and infrastructure projects. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery, we are playing a leading role in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting engineering projects; current projects include Crossrail, eight2o, Thames Tideway, Humber Gateway offshore windfarm, East West Rail and London 2012 legacy development. In addition, we work with a number of private developers and on national frameworks with some of the UK’s most knowledgeable clients managing land contamination liabilities on complex and challenging Brownfield sites. We pride ourselves in offering a truly multi-disciplinary working environment and bring exciting opportunities to influence a project from beginning to end.
These key posts could be based from anywhere across the UK but we are primarily looking for the roles to be based out of either our Birmingham, Cambridge, Epsom, Leeds, London or Warrington offices and will offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience and problem-solving skills whilst providing good opportunities for career development. If you have a passion for engineering and want to understand where a career with Atkins might lead, then we would like to hear from you.
Please note we have two positions for this role.
These vacancies are for someone who will combine excellent project delivery, a strong technical background in contaminated land, exceptional client management and proven business development acumen. As a member of our team you will manage a range of projects, working with our experienced staff, to deliver excellence to our clients. You will work closely with a wide range of other professionals to deliver holistic solutions to environmental and engineering problems and to identify new opportunities. You will be expected to be involved with project management, business development, and the training and mentoring of more junior staff.
- Project management and technical leadership of a wide variety of contaminated land focussed projects, including the management of finances, programme delivery and technically reviewing others’ work.
- Lead on work-winning, client development, preparation of proposals and input into bids for multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects.
- Develop clients within key strategic markets such as commercial/residential, airports, defence, rail and civil infrastructure.
- Maintain excellent professional relationships which will lead to and secure repeat business.
- Work effectively as part of a team and with other professionals (environmental scientists, engineers, planners) to provide a consistent and integrated service to our clients.
- MSc, MEng, BSc (Hons) or BEng (Hons) in a relevant science or engineering subject (e.g. geology, geotechnics, hydrogeology, chemistry, environmental science).
- Chartered Membership of relevant professional body (if not Chartered, we would expect the candidate, with our support, to become chartered within 6 to 12 months after joining).
- A minimum a 12 years relevant post-graduate experience (ideally within a consultancy environment) with a track record in winning and delivering high-profile work.
- A proven track record in winning work and leading Key Account Management with clients.
- A diverse portfolio of experience, both in terms of technical delivery and in relevant market sectors.
- Technical specialist with a track record in project management, technical leadership and delivery of Phase 1 Desk Studies, Phase 2 Site Investigations, remediation design and verification / validation for a range of projects and clients.
- Significant demonstrable experience within the Brownfield development market with particular emphasis on site development on a small and large scale.
- A track record of successful statutory consultation.
- Excellent working knowledge and demonstrable understanding of the relevant legislation, technical guidance, industry standards and best practice for contaminated land and waste.
- Customer focused with excellent relationship management skills.
- Flexible and prepared to take on new challenges.
- Good time management skills.
- Registered SiLC and SQP.
- Experience and knowledge of managing NEC3 and/or ICE contracts.
- Experience and knowledge of MMPs and the DoW Code of Practice.
- Experience and knowledge of EIAs, due diligence and permitting.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative controlled waters and human health risk assessment (ideally with experience in common analytical modelling packages such as P20, ConSim, CLEA).
- Willingness to travel.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss a flexible working pattern and flexible working locations for this vacancy. For roles advertised under the category of flexible working we would encourage you to explore the flexible working options we are able to offer during the interview process.
Atkins is committed to developing its staff and has recently established a professional’s programme which focuses the professional development of senior staff within the company. Atkins also invests in the core technical disciplines that comprise our business with established technical network forums for contaminated land and brownfield regeneration which drives knowledge sharing, staff development and innovation across our practice and broader business.
We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house and well as external training in addition to the professional program and technical networks noted above.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.