Associate Mechanical Engineer (Building Services)
Atkins Infrastructure business are looking to appoint an Associate Mechanical Engineer who is looking to further develop their career in a forward-thinking Building Design practice. The role will be based in our Epsom office but presents the opportunity to join a national delivery team and work with designers across the UK and internationally through our Global Design Centre.
This opportunity will involve working as part of a national practice of Building Design professionals delivering engineering design solutions to clients across the UK. The Building Design practice work on projects across all our focus markets, including Aviation, Cities & Development, Commercial, Defence, Energy and Transportation.
As an Associate Engineer you will work closely with bid teams to capture internal and external business opportunities in the above referenced sectors. You’ll have the capability to take a brief, provide a comprehensive Building Services bid response and manage a team to deliver project design services.
- Full technical responsibility and operational accountability for Building Services output on projects
- Bidding for opportunities and generally contributing to the win-work effort
- Commercial responsibility for the delivery of the Building Services team engaged on projects
- Responsibility for key client management for specific clients
- Manage the performance of others to ensure clients receive a good service
- Provides management, motivation, inspiration and leadership for other members of the Building Services team
- Undertaking appraisals and personal development plans for selected team members
- Can identify and nurture talent in others to build a high performing and technically sound team
- Develops/contributes towards marketing material and bid documents
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering and Chartered with a relevant institution
- Ability to influence senior management and peers within the industry and positively challenge
- Experience in either Airports, Commercial or Defence sectors
- Extensive project experience, involving high levels of technical competence
- Experience working on a variety of major multi-discipline design projects
- Demonstrable leadership and people management skills with the ability to run a team
- Good commercial awareness, business management skills and results orientation
- Customer focused
- Confident ability with good communication skills and a professional approach to clients and other Atkins employees
- Ability to collate information and have a clear and structured approach to report writing.
Should hold the following qualities
- Capable of Leading a MEP design team
- Forward thinking
- Commercial and financial knowledge and experience in bidding and project work
- Technical strength in their discipline and possibly a market sector
- Flexibility on working location is an advantage
Thinking of joining us?
We offer a fantastic range of benefits to choose from, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
Please check the Link below:
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.