Associate / Principal Structural Engineer - Rail / Transportation Oriented Development focus
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins' Building Design Practice are looking to recruit a design-focused Associate/Principal Structural Engineer from a technical background, with a passion for understanding the client’s perspective and the ability to pull together different teams within Atkins (and partner organisations) in order to meet client needs specially in the Rail and Transportation market.
Atkins’ Building Design business provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of projects relating to buildings and infrastructure. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery we are playing a leading role in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting engineering projects across sectors including Commercial, Residential, Education, Leisure, Airports, and Rail.
You will have the opportunity to work with major clients on stimulating and high-profile projects both in the UK and abroad. As well as the role providing technical and creative challenges you will have the satisfaction of working on projects which are changing the way people live and work today.
• Providing bid leadership
• Providing project leadership
• Growing market share and sectors
• Furthering Atkins position in the Transportation/Rail market
• Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE)
• Be a technically excellent engineer, with established skills and delivery capability.
• Needs to lead from the front and be able to work with and mobilise a wide range of personalities.
• Needs to be willing to “make the call” for bid direction and philosophy, to lead teams through bidding and subsequent delivery and to own the client and internal stakeholder relationships.
• Should provide critique of multiple-technical disciplines, providing a challenge to “business as usual” technical thinking.
• Must be capable of managing projects – understanding credible methodology, likely timescales and able to triangulate method-programme-cost in a concise and literate way.
• Must be able to listen and communicate with client and technical teams and adjust/interpret the message as appropriate.
• Needs to manage Atkins client relationships for extended and repeat business opportunities
• Involvement with Key Account/Sector management advantageous to facilitate clear understanding of the opportunities available.
• Building an internal Atkins network across the divisions and building an external network of clients and sub consultants.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.