Associate Structural Engineer
We are seeking an Associate Structural Engineer for our Building Design Practice in Leeds.
Atkins provide civil and structural engineering design for various market sectors including: Energy, Defence, Aviation, Commercial, Education, Government, Leisure, Health and Transport sectors. We have a vacancy for a full-time position in our Leeds structures team, for an engineer with an ability to win work in the local market. The candidate will have a recent track record of delivering projects in this market and will be supported in winning and delivering projects into the future and in turn, help to grow the structures team in Leeds further.
The candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary environment delivering a variety of refurbishment and new build projects. Travel to other locations may be required from time-to-time. Willingness to consider secondments to other Atkins offices or client’s premises would be an advantage, if able to do so.
You will have the full support of the Structures Team Leader and the strong senior team, providing guidance and support to allow you to fully engage with the exciting developments which are happening within the business. Through our on-going success and commitment to provide excellent services to our clients, the role will encompass:
- Winning work in the local market to help grow the business further.
- Design of small, medium or large sized projects, so as to achieve the client’s objectives to cost and programme, with the support of a engineers and technicians are required.
- Supporting the production of design calculation in accordance with the Euro Codes, specifications and tender documents, obtaining tenders and quotations, tender adjudication and analysis.
- Gathering of information, surveys, research and report writing.
- General knowledge of Construction, Health and Safety Regulations, Building Regulations, and contract law.
- Monitoring site works to establish that it is being carried out in accordance with specifications and methods statements.
- Experienced in internal job costs in relation to the fee, services to be provided and resource requirements.
- Preparation and submission of applications for Building Regulations, Planning or Listed Building consents.
- Assisting with the development of Client relationships. Compliance with Atkins and client QSSE procedures.
- Assisting in establishing client briefs, appropriate fees, and commercial management through to completion.
We are looking for a key individual committed to long term development of their engineering and management skills within our organisation. The individual will have a strong commitment to team work. Your expertise will include:
- Accredited honours degree or equivalent in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Chartered status, preferably MIStructE, but MICE also considered if building structure experience.
- Strong customer focus, with knowledge of local client market.
- Highly motivated and a self starter with ability to work independently within a consultative environment.
- Team player used to working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Competent in using Microsoft’s EXCEL, and Word is essential and familiarity with, Revit, NBS, TEDDS, and Building Designer, ROBOT would be an advantage.
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Specification and report writing skills.
- Knowledge of Construction, Health and Safety Regulations, Building Regulations, and contract law.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss a flexible working pattern for this vacancy.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance #LI-Infrastructure