This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin, is one of the world’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancy firms offering unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career.
Atkins Infrastructure business are looking to appoint an Associate to provide technical leadership in utilities infrastructure design across a variety of projects.
The Infrastructure business provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of building and infrastructure projects. Typical utilities infrastructure include water, wastewater, gas, electrical and communications network.
Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery we are playing a leading role in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting engineering projects. Our market sectors include Aviation, Water, Defence, Energy, Cities and Development, Education, Commercial/ Residential and Transport (Rail) in the UK and abroad. We pride ourselves in offering a truly multi-disciplinary working environment and bring exciting opportunities to influence a project from beginning to end. Our vision is to be the world’s best infrastructure consultancy, with a broad range of clients influencing policy and future technology.
This key post will be based out of our London or Epsom office and will offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience and problem-solving skills whilst providing good opportunities for career development. You will by now have led and delivered projects requiring significant utilities design and/or coordination in different market sectors and are seeking for the next challenge. If you have a passion for engineering and want to understand where a career with Atkins might lead, then we would like to hear from you.
• Incorporated or Chartered Engineer with Civil or Mechanical Engineering Degree, or equivalent qualifications
• A proven track record in delivering coordinated utilities infrastructure design either in a lead designer and/ or design manager role on time and budget.
• A diverse portfolio of experience, both in technical Civil/Mechanical Engineering delivery within different market sectors.
• Ability to apply continuous improvement and effective change in an organisation
• Knowledge of current standards relating to utilities infrastructure design including sustainability, innovation and practical application on site.
• Experience with technical disciplines requirements in utilities infrastructure design e.g. interface with drainage, electrical, gas, earthworks, external works, civil structures and statutory requirements.
• In depth knowledge in two or three discipline areas will be an advantage.
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Have a keen interest in mentoring of junior members of staff
• Proven track record of successful client management
• Experience managing and negotiating with key stakeholders for consents and utilities supplies.
• Proficient with software such as Microsoft Office Packages
• Experience in using/applying digital tools for utilities coordination/design.
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation), or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.