Asst. Transport Economist/Planner- Asst. Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins, member of SNC Lavalin is one of the world’s leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi-disciplinary technical services to the built environment, we are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practice.
The Transportation division of Atkins in India supports Atkins overseas operations, including those located in the India, UK, Europe, Middle East and Hong Kong. The Transportation Consultancy business with the Transportation Division provides advice to a range of public and private sector clients in the transport sector. Advisory services include demand, market and economic analysis and forecasting, appraisal of transport strategies, plans and schemes, establishing the business and funding case for a wide range of transport investments and using the techniques to assist our clients in finding the right transport solutions and enabling their ultimate delivery.
Due to our continuing expansion, we currently have an opportunity for a Transport Planner/Economist on offshore executed projects from our India office, who could take a pivotal role in developing the skillsets and a team focusing on Economics and Business cases.
Working with a multi-disciplinary team of Planners, Designers and Engineers providing a professional design service to our clients, this is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience with a world-renowned consultant.
The position is a key project support and delivery role, focused on providing relevant analytical techniques in the transport planning field with a focus on transport appraisal and business case advice. We are looking for an individual with some relevant transport planning / economics and appraisal analytical skills, and experience in managing relevant projects or key technical work streams. The successful candidate will be someone keen to see their career develop with a desire to take greater ownership and responsibility for technical delivery and management of projects.
The position will be based at our Bangalore office although candidates preferring to be based in our Gurgaon office will be considered.
You will be part of a established transport modelling team developing and applying computer-based transport models (comprising highway and public transport / transit models) using state-of-the-art transport modelling software supported by Geographic Information Systems (GIS ) tools.
You will be part of a team responsible for the technical development of transport modelling projects comprising:
- Technical development of project tasks, and development of tools and processes
- Development and checking of economic and business case models, reports and analyses including quality and delivery to timescales
- Apply Atkins Quality, Safety & Environmental (QSE) standards and Business Management System (BMS)
As part of a team, you will also be responsible for reporting progress and output quality, as well as developing business improvement initiatives with your line manager.
- Appropriate academic and professional qualifications (Bachelors Degree with Master’s degree in transport planning / economics)
- Experience ( 3-4 years) of transport economics including producing Business Cases, Feasibility Studies, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of transport / economic appraisal techniques and guidance including economic cost-benefit analysis.
- Knowledge of the technical transport planning environment
- Strong numerate and analytical abilities, including high degree of competence in MS Excel
- The applicant should be a quick learner about the appraisal and business case processes .
- Ability to work in a team as part of a wider project
- Some understanding of how appraisal and business case requirements should match client needs and support scheme development
- Good written communication skills