You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally.
We're passionate about what we do, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Simply put, this a great place to be. So, when it comes to your life outside of work, ask us about our flexible and remote working policies designed to help you get the most out of life.
What: Working within the Atkins Transportation Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) team, developing and supporting the delivery of an assurance strategy that supports both compliance and continuous improvement across all Transportation Markets.
To support the delivery of robust HSE bid solutions, ensuring that exemplar submissions are developed to support an Atkins ‘best in class approach’.
Why: To support and deliver on an assurance strategy, that ensures regulatory and HSE legislative compliance, identifying internal and external best practice, that promotes a culture of continuous improvement.
How: By supporting the HSE, Signalling, Strategic Rail, Highways and Local Transport Teams in the delivery of a robust assurance strategy and clear comprehensive management of HSE bid solutions, projects, and programmes to continually improve HSE in Atkins Transportation.
- Support the delivery of the HSE Assurance Strategy for Transportation, engaging with key stakeholders.
- Lead and support an HSE Bid and Assurance Team to support all bid and compliance activities.
- Supporting the Head of Bid and Assurance through the monitoring and close out of actions of Atkins Transportation Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Strategy.
- Support in the delivery of robust HSE Performance Data and KPI reports within Transportation, being able to confidently deliver to internal and external stakeholders.
- Become an expert on Service Now and identify opportunities for improvement to drive improved reporting performance throughout Transportation
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance reports are developed, supporting the Head of Bid and Assurance in the role out across Transportation.
- Support on the delivery of the Assurance Programme across the whole of Transportation and collate the outputs from these activities – Examples of activities will include – HSE PGI’s; Safety Conversations, BIP’s; Visible Safety Leadership interventions; etc.
- Co-ordinate Standard reviews from Network Rail, Highways England and ensure compliance, interfacing with key stakeholders.
- Support the delivery of the audit programme, completing audits as requested
- Support the incident investigation process and ensure robust investigations are completed, with appropriate actions closed out in a timely manner.
- Undertake Incident investigations as an independent resource, for high potential events within Transportation.
- Become an expert on the Atkins Transportation Safety Management System, providing clear guidance on proportionate application.
- Lead by example and be a role model for the behaviours.
- Work collaboratively across Transportation and the wider divisions for the best interests of the team, project, and business.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of HSE regulatory requirements that can be applied across Transportation.
- Must have experience of delivering assurance plans, with an ability to audit.
- Must have a recognised safety qualification (e.g. CMIOSH) and be maintaining CPD.
- Must have demonstrable audit experience, lead auditor status desirable
- Experience of leading and supporting incident investigations is essential
- Experience of working in a rail and construction environment is desirable,
- People Management – ability to partner with a wide variety of stakeholders, both internal and external becoming a motivational force for all to appreciate the importance of working safely
- Innovation – be able to suggest, champion and implement innovative solutions for safety both internally within Atkins and externally to key stakeholders.
- Communication – Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to partner with a wide variety of stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Must be a high-level user of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Health & safety
Environmental Scientist/Engineer (Nuclear)Are you a qualified scientist or engineer with nuclear experience, who has exceptional relationship building skills? Do you want to be part of the most intere
Health & safety
Project HSE ManagerAtkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professional
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs