Atkins Degree Apprenticeship - Digital & Technology Solutions – South East
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
At Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, we have a wide variety of projects big and small that you can be a part of. We have over 18,000 employees worldwide and offices across the UK, Europe, the Middle East, North America and Asia Pacific. Our work covers a variety of sectors including transportation, water, defence, energy, aerospace and infrastructure, and we’re proud to work with major global clients such as the UK Ministry of Defence, Heathrow Airport and HighSpeed 2.
Do you want to get paid for gaining a degree apprenticeship qualification with on-the-job mentoring and learning? Would you enjoy solving problems and working with some of the best minds in engineering and design? If the answer is ‘yes’, come and join Atkins as an apprentice and get your career off to the best start possible.
With Atkins, you’ll be joining a team who help to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas and by solving the engineering challenges of the future. Our apprenticeship programme will provide you with the foundations to maximise your full potential.
Adventurous spirits. Impressive advances. This is your opportunity to work with one of the world’s leading consultancies. With the Atkins Apprenticeship Development Programme, you’re in great company.
Where could I work?
Aerospace, Defence, Security & Technology (ADST)
Requirements: GCSEs including a B/6 in Mathematics & C/5 in English Language + 120 UCAS points including Mathematics and a stem related subject (Full details)
Further details of this apprenticeship can be found here. Your Learning Provider is currently outlined as Winchester University but please note this could be subject to change depending on availability.
Apprentices will work with a variety of teams, join us and you can expect to be involved in a variety of projects:
- Identity management – We have been involved in many ground-breaking systems to provide identity assurance and have developed facial recognition systems
- High Integrity Systems – We have been involved in High Integrity software development for over 25 years
- Bespoke software development – We develop business intelligence solutions and bespoke interactive web applications
- Information security – We understand and implement the procedures and processes to deliver systems in some of the highest security environments
- Innovation – Shaping the future of the digital world
You will be involved in a range of projects across the full project lifecycle including Requirements Gathering, Business Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing, Development and ongoing Support and Maintenance.
Working in the fields of Telemetry, Industrial Automation and Control Systems, Identity Assurance, Geospatial Information Systems, Software Assurance, and bespoke Software Development. Our services include the provision of independent technical advice to Customers, the supply of commercial off the shelf software combined with support and custom application training, the development of custom applications using a blend of Microsoft development tools, 3rd party API’s and industry leading databases, and the supply and maintenance of our product portfolio.
During your 3 year apprenticeship, no two days will be the same as you study and work with a variety of teams whilst developing the skills you need to enjoy a great future at Atkins. Spending either one day a week at the college. Not only will you learn in the classroom, you’ll enjoy being part of the team as you will get involved with all kinds of projects and learn something new every day.
What are we looking for?
- The ability to work in a team, assisting with the planning, design and smooth running of a variety of projects
- Creativity and strong communication skills
- Vision, inclusive and the drive to keep on learning
- To be reliable, practical and self-motivated
- A forward-thinking mind and the drive to keep on learning and developing your skills and experience
- Be UK mobile to work across different locations on a variety of projects
- A lateral thinker who can apply technical knowledge to analyse problems, create innovative solutions and make sound decisions and isn’t afraid to push boundaries
- Not afraid to show initiative or ask for guidance when you need it, you must be customer focused and commercially aware with a strong attention to detail
What are the benefits and rewards?
For a full list of our benefits and to understand more about our apprentice community, please click here. Alternatively, if you’d like to speak to one of our current apprentices about our culture click here.
How do I apply?
Please click the apply button now to start your application journey! As an equal opportunities employer we value applications from candidates of all backgrounds, cultures and abilities. For more information about our D&I initiatives, please click here.
We want you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially on email@example.com
For further details on our recruitment process, please refer to our website.
Our deadline for applications is 31 January 2020. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
NB: This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.