Automation Specialist (Casual)
Automation Specialist (Casual)
Why join us?
We are currently recruiting a PLC Programmer to join our Sarnia Automation Engineering team.
How will you contribute to the team?
The PLC Programmer duties will be carried out under the direction/guidance of the Automation Project Discipline Lead and ranging from;
- Development of PLC programs and HMI graphics for a variety of manufacturers (Allen Bradley Control Logic, HIMA Safety Systems, Trident, Triconex, Modicum Quantum, Quadlog, Honeywell Experion DCS).
- Review and implementation of Control Narratives and Cause and Effect (SDK) diagrams.
- Provide reviews of project P&ID’s.
- Support for providing estimates for PLC Programming work.
- Interfacing with customers and the engineering team to ensure implementation of the PLC software and HMI graphics are completed to the project and site requirements.
- Assist in providing technical support to engineering groups at site and home office.
- Interfacing with various engineering disciplines, suppliers, and other areas of the company.
- Manage assigned work effectively, including prioritizing, executing, managing schedule and budget, and reporting, to meet project goals.
What will you contribute?
- Degree or Diploma in Instrumentation/Control Systems from an accredited University or College.
- Working experience with IEC 1131-3 PLC Programming Languages (Ladder Diagram, Function Block Diagram, Structed Text)
- 8+ years of instrumentation design experience in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Highly motivated and organized.
- Understanding and familiarity of CSA and ISA codes and directives.
- Site experience in commissioning of plant PLC systems is considered an Asset.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs