Aviation Project Controls Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Aviation Project Controls Manager
Our New York team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have at least seven years of experience as a Project Controls manager preferably in the Aviation industry, Large Programs/Projects, Port Authority of NY and NJ, Terminals, Baggage Systems, Hydrant Fuel Systems and being in a site-based Project Management Office. This role provides accounting related control of a significant project or program, including budgeting, financial analysis and reporting, systems management, contract compliance, and billing/invoicing/accounts payable coordination and review. This is a full time Faithful+Gould position with robust benefits. We seek the individual who has long term career aspirations with us.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC Lavalin group, is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA
• Manages, revises, and maintains status of the detailed project cost estimate/forecast to include all phases of project execution from design/engineering, material/equipment procurement and deliveries, construction contracts through start-up activities and closeout.
• Tracks and analyses the project costs including budgets, commitments, actuals, accruals, and forecasts. Analysis includes forecast to budget and estimate, forecast to actuals, and contingency analysis.
• Participates in the development and improvement of project controls systems. Recommends improvements in systems, tools, and methods of project controls and project management.
• Establishes a project work breakdown structure in line with industry best practices.
• Assists in analyzing project control requirements as part of the bid review process to insure all cost control requirements are incorporated into individual contracts and purchase orders.
• Interacts with other project groups in relation to cost codes, purchase order commitments, change orders and sales tax issues as required and to ensure all accounting and regulatory compliance issues or guidelines are implemented.
• Assists in creating detailed project budgets from estimates and in the development of cash flow projections.
• Works with senior project management staff in managing the overall project cost control efforts.
• Works with scheduling staff to develop, manage, revise, and update integrated detailed project schedules including all phases of project execution.
• Assists in early identification of long lead items, resource constraints, and required project start dates.
• Manages key project indicators and project commercial reports.
• Manages internal job costing in relation to the fee and services to be provided, resources required and all project reporting including job number, Project Status Report (PSR) and other company reporting policies.
• Produces forecasts of total project costs, annual costs, and monthly cash flow costs and provides variance analysis and explanations.
• Assists in forecasting engineering and construction resource requirements.
• Assists in coordinating engineering and construction activities in conjunction with overall project schedule requirements. Incorporates engineering and construction contractor schedules into overall project schedules.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in Construction Management, Building Technology, Engineering or related field
• Minimum seven years relevant experience
• Experience with using resources to load validate project schedule durations.
• Experience integrating a project cost estimate with a schedule.
• Have developed SPI and reported SPI within P6.
• Familiar with Rules of Credit and the use of steps.
• Demonstrate an understanding of industry best practice techniques.
• Demonstrate effective understanding of P6 advanced techniques such as how to use the multiple critical path function.
• Explain how to take of advantage of using multiple schedule files for a single project.
• Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement.
• Demonstrate ability to work as an agent of change.
• Must have strong understanding of CPM (Critical Path Method) concepts and calculations
• Strong understanding of earned value concepts, calculations, and rules of credit
• Proficiency in Primavera scheduling products (P6) and report preparation skills
• Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
• Certification with AACE, PMI or CMAA is preferred
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• Competitive salary
• Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Generous time off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
• Career development opportunities through our corporate university
• Highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
• Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.