Aviation Project Manager
Aviation Project Manager
Our New York Team is growing! We are seeking a Project Manager whose primary focus is the delivery of project management services at passenger terminals and other airport facilities, with independent responsibility for project delivery in situations where the project scope and complexity are limited, or as a team member for projects of larger size and greater complexity. Project responsibilities will require presence at project sites, typically within the New York metro area, as well as the Faithful+Gould NY office. This is a full time, internal position with Faithful+Gould offering robust benefits.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
• Provides day today leadership of projects and project teams, for management, monitoring, and reporting activities throughout the project lifecycle.
• Articulate clearly in verbal and written communications; model and manage the sequence and stages of project development; and apply good decision-making skills in taking direction from the client and giving direction to the project team.
• Provides primary point of contact to client, contractors and consultants at project level.
• Prepares and administers project execution plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Reviews completeness and accuracy of deliverables prepared by team before issuance and implements quality assurance procedures.
• Coordinates the work of support resources, including assistant project managers, analysts, and/or administrative staff, as required.
• Manages the day today operational aspects of projects, including tracking of team hours and updates to project revenue forecasts.
• Manages the collection and analysis of key project data on a weekly basis for preparation of regular reports, progress updates and revisions to the project budget and schedule.
• Attends project meetings and manages the production of agendas and meeting minutes.
• Manages the review and processing of consultant and vendor invoices and contractor requisitions.
• Participates in internal business operations including business development and staff development.
• Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deems necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree in construction management or a related technical field such as Architecture or Engineering
• A minimum of five to ten years of relevant office and field experience.
• Experience with a variety of building types (e.g. office, hotel, industrial, healthcare) and construction methodologies (e.g. construction management, general contracting) is desired. Minimum of five years of this experience spent on aviation projects.
• Understand airport operations limitations on construction due to security, ongoing flight activity and work rules.
• Must understand and regularly utilize Information Technology and common software systems in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project; and Adobe Acrobat.
• Thorough capability to bid work to contractors, control progress in field and perform monthly cost and schedule reporting
• Capable of preparing well-organized and thorough project reports in a variety of formats.
• Must possess a solid understanding of Project Management, Building Design & Construction, Critical Path Method (CPM) Scheduling, Building Cost Modelling and Risk Analysis.
• Professional Engineer, Registered Architect, CCM, and/or PMP certification are valued.
• OSHA10 certification desired at hiring or required in the first year of employment.
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• Competitive salary
• Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Generous time off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
• Career development opportunities through our corporate university
• Highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
• Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement