Bid Manager - Consultancy - Security and Intelligence
Bid Manager - Consultancy - Security and Intelligence
Love solutions that make our world a better place?
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
As a Bid Manager in 'Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology' (ADS&T), you'll play a vital role in shaping the future of our business. Working alongside talented colleagues from across our technical disciplines, you'll provide bid management to some of our most important and industry leading opportunities. You'll be mid-career, ready to take on challenging bids as you develop your skills for the future. Working closely with client facing teams, you'll be trusted to develop proposals from inception and strategy to winning and hand-over to delivery.
- Mange our bids
- Delivering all stages of the bidding process
- Overseeing development of all key bidding products
- Facilitate workshops, including kick-off meetings and storyboarding, both digitally and physically
- Help us articulate our services in compelling way with your strong written English and top-notch presentation skills
- Bring your organisational skills to our bids, effectively prioritise work to get great bids out the door
- Be part of the team, share your knowledge and contribute to the greater good
- Show calm and resilience under pressure and the demanding timescales of a bid
- Be a champion of a sustainable approach to bidding - no late nights, no last-minute holiday cancellations
- Be a people person, understand our clients and manage our internal stakeholders at a range of levels
What you can bring
- Hands-on bid management and work winning skills
- Experience winning Management Consultancy work in large UK Government departments
- A history of working in or winning work in large UK Government departments
- A background working with CCS Digital or Professional Services frameworks
- Knowledge of industry recognised techniques such as Miller Heiman and Shipley
- Experience developing Value Proposition and marketing material
- Exposure to creative design or innovative bidding techniques
- Grasp of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and the Office 365 suite
- Ability to work remotely most of the time, but flexibility to travel to our offices (London, Cheltenham, and Bristol) as required
Why work for Atkins?
Our ADS&T teams provide independent and objective advice in mission-critical sectors. Join us to make a direct difference in helping our country to achieve its security and defence goals. From advisory, conceptual design and acquisition, through transformation, manufacture, certification and in-service support. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in the industry.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. So, you'll be part of a culture that wants to see more women in senior roles. We have signed the MoD's "Women in Defence" and "Women in Aviation and Aerospace" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
Diversity & Inclusion
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-ADST | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINS
Security, aerospace & defence
Atkins have ambitious growth plans in their Security, Intelligence and Government (SIG) market and are looking for Client Managers to join a dynamic team with a focus of diversification in its Central
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs