Bid Manager / Senior Bid Manager
We are looking for a Bid Manager / Senior Bid Manager to cover for Maternity Leave for our London and South East region, based in our London Nova office. This role will support the London and South East business in co-ordinating and leading our bid submissions. The Bid / Senior Bid Manager will report to the Head of Marketing in London & South East region. This is an excellent development opportunity for a candidate experienced in bidding looking for more responsibility in leading submissions and managing all elements of the bidding process, it also provides an opportunity to work alongside a marketing team and be involved in blue sheet and some goldsheet sessions. Strong communication and project management/organisational skills are essential as is the ability to work autonomously at times and manage your own workload.
As part of a FTSE 250 company (WS Atkins plc) with over 18,000 staff worldwide, there is endless opportunity to learn and develop your career. We are regularly in the Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to Work for and Top 50 Employers for Women.
- Prepare bid documentation such as pre-qualification and tender documents, presentation material and collate technical input where required
- Draft responses for non-technical content as required
- Lead and manage strategically significant bids, managing the bid team across the region and potentially outside of region
- Manage and oversee workload for our Bid Assistant
- Oversee and Manage all elements of the bidding process from collecting and maintaining up-to-date experience, client references and testimonials to co-ordinating win/launch sessions, producing best practice responses and maintaining oversight of all bid related activity
- Management of bid data in CRM and PowerBI, including tracking and reporting on wins and losses
- Support and identify the creation of new bid materials, in particular bid style, template and visuals
- Respond to ad-hoc marketing queries and requests for information
- Assist with writing news and internal publication articles where related to win work
- Strong experience in bid management
- Strong project management skills – ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to deal with people at all levels
- Excellent team working skills
- Previous experience within a professional services environment is desirable
- Graduate in a relevant discipline (Marketing or Business)
- A Levels or GNVQ equivalent
- Strong computer literacy, including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook packages
- Use of indesign
- Knowledge of CRM is desirable but not essential
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide & endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities. Faithful+Gould is accredited Investors In People.
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.