Bilingual Fire Protection Engineer
Bilingual Fire Protection Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
Designing for the future is about more than predicting what it looks like. It’s about having the know-how and the expertise to turn predictions into projects that deliver results and meet ever-changing needs. That’s what we do every day: for our clients, for their customers and for the sustainable future of our business and the world we operate in.
Here at SNC-Lavalin’s Ottawa office, we believe in developing our employees to their utmost potential. We promote teamwork and collaboration, which is why our culture speaks for itself; our people are motivated to give their best and have a sense of personal fulfillment. Each member of our team is integral in ensuring a positive workplace backed by a company committed to the safety of its employees.
Our once small office has seen continuous growth since its opening in 2016, going from 3 to over 100 employees! To keep the positive trend going, we are seeking to add another superstar to our team…
The Engineering, Design and Project Management division is currently looking for a Bilingual Fire Protection Engineer for its National Capital Region office. We are looking for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenge and actively seek to develop and improve work processes.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Develop preliminary design and engineering specifications for fire alarm, security and fire protection systems
- Produce building evacuation plans and conduct egress analysis and modeling
- Prepare detailed design calculations and layouts
- Investigate and report on building and fire code compliance of new and existing facilities
- Evaluate buildings and designs for fire resistance and enclosure integrity
- Coordinate with other disciplines in planning and executing project tasks
- Developing material takeoffs and cost estimates
- Ensuring all completed work conforms to contract requirements
- Conducting site visits and inspections
What will you contribute?
- Post-Secondary degree in Fire Protection Engineering
- Ability to support multi-disciplinary projects
- Good understanding of fire protection engineering related fields is required
- Collaborative approach and good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Valid driving permit is an asset
- Bilingualism French and English (written and spoken) an asset
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You wish to leverage your experience and contribute to this position? Apply now!
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs