TransitNEXT is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. SNC-Lavalin is pleased to announce that TransitNEXT, has reached financial close on the Trillium Line Extension project. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin will design, build, finance and maintain the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
As part of the Trillium project based in Ottawa, we are looking for a BIM Coordinator to assist in all activities regarding the production and review of rail deliverables such as rail layouts, plans & profiles, ductbanks and rail guideways, typical light rail stations and maintenance facilities (rail signaling elements, rail comms elements, electrical elements, mechanical elements and systems elements), bridges and other civil infrastructure elements.
- Produce intelligent 3D models and extract information directly from the model to form 2D drawings, schedules, setting out, quantities and other deliverables.
- Manage discipline 3D models, review model quality and technical content including clash detection and compliance with the BIM execution manual.
- Work with the Information Manager and project teams to assist in the development and implementation of BIM strategies, BIM Execution Plans, workflows and processes on projects in accordance with SNC-Lavalin's Corporate Standards, Client requirements and industry best practice.
- Manage the design team Common Data Environment (CDE) of the project, and the distribution of coordinated digital documents to the project teams.
- Provide over the shoulder support for staff developing models and 2D drawing extractions.
- Maintain a high level of competency of all BIM software tools used at SNC-Lavalin.
- Must be from a Civil / Rail Engineering background with preferable Rail domain experience.
- Experience of Rail alignment, corridor modelling and rail stations.
- Must be an advanced user or expert user in Revit and Civil 3D, with a minimum of 4 to 5 years’ core experience.
- Must be able to use Navisworks to generate clash results, manage clash resolution, redline BIM Models, capture viewpoints and cascade reports to discipline teams.
- Hands on experience of CAD tools such as AutoCAD and MicroStation would also be useful.
- Demonstrable experience in BIM production and/or BIM coordination.
We offer an opportunity to work on varied and interesting projects in Canada and around the world. Salary will be commensurate with your experience. While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles