BIM Information Manager
BIM Information Manager
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- As an Information Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that our digital content is produced, stored, shared and exploited using the latest technologies and practices.
- Establish and lead a team to undertake the functions of effective information management as identified in ISO 19650 throughout our projects' lifecycles, where Atkins are either the Lead Appointed Party or an Appointed Party.
- Equally, depending on our Client's Requirements, you will be asked to discharge the role and responsibilities of the Project Information Manager as identified in PAS 1192-2:2013, or Information Manager as identified in CIC BIM Protocol 2018.
- Work with the appointing parties to understand the Project's: Information Requirements; Delivery Milestones; Information Standards; Production methods and procedures; reference information and shared resources; Information Management protocol.
- Work with our engineering and bid teams to establish the Pre-Appointment BIM Execution Plan including capability assessments and mobilisation plans.
- Contribute to the project risk register and tender response.
- Establish IM team from your co-worker pool, both regionally and internationally based, confirm the BIM execution plan and define the Master Information Delivery Plan in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- Define delivery strategy for complex multi-disciplinary projects as part of the BIM Execution Plan
- Information Exchange Processes.
- Inter-disciplinary co-ordination workflows including clash matrices.
- Federation strategy for BIM models.
- Check and review processes for deliverables utilizing digital tools.
- BIM Strategy as a response to BIM uses mandated by client such as Asset Management, Quantification, Sustainability Analysis, etc.
- Nomenclature convention for deliverables and process for updating status and revision codes in compliance with ISO 19650.
- LOD / LOI to be generated in BIM Models across stages in the project lifecycle.
- Responsibility Matrix.
- Onboarding strategy for delivery team members.
- Liaise with client representatives to articulate delivery strategy and ensure alignment with client requirements. Advise upon any queries raised by client BIM representatives in conjunction with the project delivery team.
- Support the mobilisation process, working with tools, SMEs and technical leadership to configure elements such as the CDE and design delivery tools, to enable the delivery of the Appointing Parties requirements.
- Use the information management team to guide, support and audit task teams in the delivery of their Task Information Delivery Plans, to meet the Appointing Parties Requirements.
- Perform Inter-disciplinary co-ordination on a regular basis on project models
- Create and maintain federated models for the project.
- Perform clash detection on federated models at regular intervals.
- Conduct co-ordination meetings with discipline leads to communicate and resolve clashes and interface issues in models.
- Maintain dashboards to provide analytics to teams on trends in clashes and issues.
- Report progress to project management team on co-ordination aspects.
- Provide detailed advice and support to our teams around how changing technologies might help enhance and streamline their individual delivery processes, and then work with them to implement these technologies and capture the resulting benefits.
- Provide detailed advice and support to our teams to ensure that project delivery is in compliance with the BIM Execution plan and client requirements.
- Ensure BIM models are setup according to Project Information Standards.
- Ensure workflows and processes outlined are followed for the creation, review, sharing and co-ordination of information.
- Update the BIM Execution Plan as required over the project lifecycle.
- Support project team in utilization of CDE.
- Contribute to optimise delivery, enhance quality, avoid errors and ultimately exceed client requirements, by being innovative and cost effective.
What will you contribute?
- Degree level or equivalent qualification in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Structural or other disciplines relevant to the AEC Industry.
- A thorough understanding of the data, information management, BIM agendas within the UK and the standards and documents for implementation in engineering.
- A willingness to challenge conventions both internally and with our clients with the aim of delivering our projects much more effectively.
- This role requires candidates able to demonstrate leadership in delivery of BIM and Information Management systems and processes, with proven ability to engage and drive both learning and delivery.
- A real passion and drive to make Information Management the centre of our integrated delivery approach. To do this you’ll need to have a wide range of positive behaviours including being collaborative, open, empathetic, enthusiastic, resilient, tenacious, hardworking and delivery orientated.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with experience in interfacing with clients and BIM Experts from international organizations.
- Knowledge of Standards and Processes defined in ISO 19650.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in delivery of multi-disciplinary BIM projects with sites located in UK, Middle East or US with practical experience in the role of BIM Lead, BIM Co-ordinator or BIM Manager.
- Expert knowledge of BIM authoring tools such as Revit, Civil 3D, Bentley Open Suite, etc in delivery of multi-disciplinary projects.
- Expert knowledge of BIM federation and co-ordination platforms such as Navisworks, Bentley Navigator, Revizto, BIMTrack.
- Expert knowledge of CDEs such as BIM360 and Projectwise.
- Basic knowledge of data visualization platforms such as PowerBI, Tableau.
- Knowledge of BIM application for uses such as construction sequencing, quantity takeoffs, virtual reality, digital twin, asset management is desirable but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of automation tools such as Dynamo is desirable but not mandatory.
What we offer at Atkins? (This section for Permanent employees only)
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India a
Atkins, member of the SNC-Lavalin group, is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs