BIM Lead for Transportation - AecoSIM
Atkins is one of the world’s leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi disciplined technical services to the built environment, we are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
Rail division of Atkins in India supports Atkins’ various overseas operations, including those located in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Hong Kong and Scandinavia region. The team comprises Bridge Engineers, Rail Civils Engineers, CAD/BIM Technicians, Rail Signalling Engineers.
Due to our continuing expansion, we currently have an opportunity for a number of excellent CAD/BIM Technicians at all levels on multi-disciplinary offshore executed projects from India.
Working in a multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers providing a professional design service to our clients, this is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience with a world renowned consultant.
- Should be able to produce / review highway deliverable such as Roadway layout, Plan & profiles, Signs & Road Markings (to UK TSM & TSRGD), Kerb & footways, Pavement drawings, Setting out details, Typical Cross Sections, Standard details etc.
- Produce intelligent 3D models and extract information directly from the model to form 2D drawings, schedules, setting out, quantities and other deliverables.
- Manage the Highways discipline 3D models, review model quality and technical content including clash detection and compliance with the BEP.
- Work with the Information Manager and project teams to assist in the development and implementation of BIM strategies, BIM Execution Plans, workflows and processes on projects in accordance with Atkins Corporate Standards, Client requirements and industry best practice.
- Manage the Highways Team Common Data Environment (CDE) of the project, and the distribution of coordinated digital documents to the project teams.
- Provide over the shoulder support for staff developing models and 2D drawing extractions.
- Maintain a high level of competency of all BIM software tools used at Atkins
- Must be from a Civil / Highway Engineering background with preferable Highways domain experience.
- Experience of Highways alignment and corridor modelling
- Must be an advanced user or expert user in AecoSIM, with a minimum of 3 to 4 years’ core AecoSIM experience.
- Hands-on experience of industry standard Highways BIM Platforms such as Autodesk Infraworks and Bentley Openroads are desirable.
- Must be able to use Navisworks to generate clash results, manage clash resolution, redline BIM Models, capture viewpoints and cascade reports to discipline teams.
- Hands on experience of CAD tools such as AutoCAD and MicroStation would also be useful.
Qualifications and attributes:
- Excellent time management skills.
- 10 to 15 years of relevant experience
- Experience of using written and spoken English within a business environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree or Diploma holder in Civil Engineering with sufficient and relevant experience.
- Flexible and engaging with resilience, drive and self-motivation
- Ability to collaborate successfully within a project and team environment but also to work independently and in a client environment Knowledge of programming, AutoLISP or similar
- Working knowledge of British Standards