BIM Manager for Transportation - Civil 3D
Atkins is one of the world’s leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi disciplined technical services to the built environment, we are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
Rail division of Atkins in India supports Atkins’ various overseas operations, including those located in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Hong Kong and Scandinavia region. The team comprises Bridge Engineers, Rail Civils Engineers, CAD/BIM Technicians, Rail Signalling Engineers.
Due to our continuing expansion, we currently have an opportunity for a number of excellent CAD/BIM Technicians at all levels on multi-disciplinary offshore executed projects from India.
Working in a multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers providing a professional design service to our clients, this is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience with a world renowned consultant.
- Should be able to develop CAD/BIM 3D Models / 2D Drawings to the standards & codes
- Should be able to produce medium to complex 3D modelling for bridges & Rail structures
- Competent in producing GA and RC detailing drawings for bridges and Rail structures.
- Should be able to produce 3D models and extract information directly from model to create 2D drawings, schedules, setting out, quantities and other deliverables.
- Should be able to manage/ review models and technical content including clash detection and compliance to BEP.
- Should be able to review deliverable including Rail civils, Resignalling civils, Setting out details, Typical Cross Sections, Standard details etc.
- Should be able to follow & set up the OCRA process in EDMS workflow
- Should have strong written & verbal communication in English
- Experience of working in Common Data Environment (CDE) like Project Wise
- Apply Atkins’ Quality, Safety & Environmental (QSE) standards and Business Management System (BMS).
- Minimal qualification of Diploma in Civil Engineering
- 4 to 8 years in consultancy business
- Sound knowledge in Micro Station, AutoCAD, MS Office and Outlook
- Experience in Bentley AECOSim and Revit and would be an added advantage
- Should be able to co-ordinate with the Information Manager and project teams to assist in the development and implementation of BIM strategies, BIM Execution Plans, workflows and processes on projects in accordance with Atkins Corporate Standards, Client requirements and industry best practice
- Experience in Bentley Navigator and Navisworks.
- Knowledge of programming such as MDL, Auto LISP or similar
- Working knowledge of British and Scandinavian Standards
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- A team player dedicated to the delivery of projects.
- Work to personally set deadlines with minimal supervision
- Confident and professional manner
- Able to use initiative and have desire to improve.
- Should follow company Code of Conduct.