Bridge Engineer (EIT or EI)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Structures Group in our Atlanta, GA office as a Bridge Engineer (EIT).
Under supervision, applies technical professional proficiency to the investigation of engineering problems, the coordination of project activities, and the preparation of preliminary plans and documents. On design assignments, progresses toward learning how to clearly convey the design intent through engineering drawings and specifications. On engineering and planning assignments, continues to develop a knowledge of the fundamentals of engineering processes and to apply them successfully to operating systems. On construction assignments, continues to develop an understanding of construction methods and the translation of engineering plans and specifications into constructed product. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
- Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables. Duties usually include the following:
- Designs and develops plans and drawings, which may include the development of preliminary layout and/or final drawings.
- Organizes and conducts engineering investigations and planning work which have a well-defined scope. Outlines and prepares relatively straightforward reports of sections of more complex reports, working under the periodic review of a more experienced professional.
- Provides engineering services during construction activities by reviewing shop drawings for conformance with specifications; prepares records and progress reports defining construction progress; observes construction procedures under the guidance of a more experienced professional, and evaluates the results from quality control testing.
- Researches feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions, and regulatory agency specifications.
- Contributes to the development of specifications and permit applications, and writes miscellaneous reports.
- Prepares preliminary man-hour, cost and material quantity estimates.
- Participates in quality control checks, maintaining quality standards in all work produced, checking computations, and/or reviewing designs and drawings performed by others.
- Coordinates with other disciplines as required.
- Performs field observations of construction where appropriate.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. This level my be achieved by Engineers with 2 years' experience since B.S. or 1 year since M.S. The typical incumbent has 3 to 5 years' experience since Bachelor's degree.
- Technical writing, computer and communications skills required. CAD skills preferred.
- Background in design of Transportation-Related Structures is highly desired.
- Experience with the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) is a plus.
- E.I. or EIT is usually required.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to assemble and analyze data.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data here: http://www.snclavalin.com/en/files/documents/policies/privacy-statement_recruitment_en.PDF
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.