Building Construction Estimator
Building (structural) Construction Estimator
Our Chandler, AZ Team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have at four years as an estimator in Manufacturing Building Construction and/or General Contractor specializing in Buildings, we would like to connect with you. This role creates cost estimates for specific disciplines relating to large capital construction projects, provides business support to management and guidance to junior staff. This is a full-time internal position with Faithful+Gould and comes with robust benefits. The role will be based at our client site which is a semi-conductor manufacturer in Chandler, AZ. This is an IMMEDIATE opportunity with assistance for relocation.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high-profile clients across key business sects which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Recd). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA
• Analyses blueprints and other documents and prepares detailed cost estimates. Preform accurate quantity take-offs of available design documents.
• Obtains accurate and up to date pricing information from databases, contracts, suppliers, etc. to utilize in estimates.
• Inputs estimate take off information f specific discipline into CATO and develops unit cost pricing.
• Works with architects and engineers to develop clear understanding of project scope during preparation of estimate. Develops relationships with members of A/E firms and project team members.
• Assists semi staff in ways to make projects me efficient. Seeks ways to improve accuracy and efficiency of tasks.
• Maintains project documents such as drawings and specifications in an organized and reasonable manner. Maintains project files on file server in advance with company standards.
• Maintains and updates data library of costs.
• Prepares cost reconciliation between two me estimates and explains variance cost drivers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying related field experience of equal time with a technical degree
• 4 years relevant experience
• Working knowledge of electronic take off including CAD Measure
• Working knowledge of a commercially available construction cost estimating system
• Understand and utilize Inflations Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project
• Professional designation such as RICS, CCE, CCM, AIA, PE, ASPE, AACEI, CVS, AVS, LEED AP, RA, any appraisal licensure is preferred
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• Competitive salary
• Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Generous time off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval because of assignment demands
• Career development opportunities through our cpate university
• Highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
• Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.