Building Energy Management System Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
The Building Services Practice in our UK Infrastructure Division of Atkins is an exciting place to be right now and we are looking for BEMS Engineers to join our BEMS Team located in our Warrington office. Join our team and you’ll get to work on outstanding projects - for clients such as the Met Police, London City Airport, Heathrow Airport, the National Trust and Royal Mail to name a few – that are transforming the world we live in.
You would be based in Warrington office within our Building Services Practice, covering the full range of environmental, mechanical and electrical engineering design and consultancy services, both locally and nationally.
When you join the Building Services Practice in our UK Infrastructure Division, you’ll get to see your ideas put into place on the design and engineering projects that keep the world turning. You’ll work with a collaborative team who are all about making spaces and places work perfectly for people.
The BEMS engineers will enhance Atkin’s already established BEMS team, providing expert advice on appropriate control strategies for Building Services Systems and the application of Building Energy Management Systems. They will play a key role in developing our in-house technical standards, details and specifications relating to automatic control systems.
- Assist in the design and specification of all Mechanical Building Services BEMS control systems - heating, cooling, ventilation, etc.
- Assist in the production of detailed specifications and points listings
- Assist in the preparation of technical specifications
- Work in partnership with Atkins global design center (GDC) to add value to building services projects where appropriate.
- Preparing drawings for drafting by the CAD team
- Assist in the preparation of design information and tender documentation including:
- BEMS network schematics
- BEMS plant schematics including field device locations
- BEMS points lists and schedules
- BEMS sequence of operation descriptions for performance and functional design specifications
- BEMS materials and workmanship specifications
- Representing Atkins at meetings with clients and contractors
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works
- Carry out on-site inspections of BEMS installations and witnessing of BEMS functionality
- Report writing
- Maintaining records and archives to company standards
- Assist in the development of in-house technical standards, details and specifications
- Manage own workload
- A background in the BEMS controls industry gained within a specialised BEMS contracting organisation
- A background in the design and commissioning of BEMS control systems
- Site experience and familiarity with the installation and testing requirements of BEMS control systems and associated control devices including communication networks, communication protocols, field wiring and field devices
- Practical experience of control system commissioning, tuning and troubleshooting
- A background in the operation, functionality and interrogation of BEMS supervisor servers and workstations, including graphics page management, dynamic graphics, alarm management and recorded data analysis
- A background in management level, device level and field level communications networks
- Able to act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- Good report writing skills,
- Prepared to travel throughout the UK for site visits and working at other Atkins office locations.
Thinking of joining us?
We offer a fantastic range of benefits to choose from, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
Please check the Link below:
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.