Building Envelope Specialist
Building Envelope Specialist
(Infrastructure, Building Structures) – Epsom/London
We are currently recruiting for a Building Envelope Specialist in our Structures Division for an important role working within a team of senior staff engaged in Due Diligence/Latent Defects Insurance roles. Within this team we are engaged in structural and building envelope assessments on some of the most prestigious new buildings in London. Prior experience of such roles would be an advantage but is not essential; more important is wide ranging experience of cladding systems within a variety of building types, ideally within both design and construction.
The successful candidate will be undertaking the review and inspection of building envelope systems and will have wide ranging experience of a variety of building types within both design and construction. Based in our Epsom office, you will be required to work locally, nationally and internationally and there will be a requirement for flexibility in respect of travel to meet client demands. You will need to demonstrate a mature and experienced attitude to working closely with clients and in this role your expertise and advice may be called upon on a day to day basis by the client.
Although the Building Envelope team is run out of Epsom, there is scope for the successful candidate to work out of our London office should this be more convenient. There may also be a requirement to work further afield and there will be the need for flexibility in respect of travel to meet client demands. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a mature and experienced attitude to working closely with clients; in this role your advice and expertise may be called upon on a day to day basis by the client. Your professional qualification could be in engineering or architecture from either a consulting or contracting background – more important is your knowledge and experience of both design and construction in this specialized field.
In addition to the role requirements above the following is required;
- Professional qualifications are advantageous but not essential;
- Experience of design and construction of Building Envelope systems across a variety of building types from concept to construction
- Understanding and experience of cladding system components; including framing, gaskets, insulants, vapour barriers, breather membranes
- Experience in a wide range of materials, including Aluminium, Steel, Timber, GRP, PVC, Rubber, Manmade, ETFE, etc.
- Knowledge of coatings/protection
- Knowledge and experience of interfaces and tolerances between other building elements
- Testing, Maintenance and Repair of cladding systems
- Experience and appreciation of issues around “Bespoke” designs
- Good communication skills
- Excellent report writing
- Experience and confidence in client-facing roles.
- Proven track record of strong client liaison/relationships
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulations/legislation
- Experience of Due Diligence/Latent Defects Insurance work
- Expert Witness experience
Rewards and Benefits
Atkins offers a range of benefits through the ‘My Rewards’ packages, which can be selected annually. Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.