Building Services SME - Electrical (O&M)
The Electrical SME is a full-time role that will support the FM & Buildings Manager and the wider Asset & Maintenance Team in their oversight and supervision of the Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Contractors for the Riyadh Metro Project. The candidate will be an expert in their role and will ensure that the facilities and systems used and maintained by the O&M Contractors will perform at the highest level of safety, efficiency, availability and reliability. 10 years of experience within this area of expertise is needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate understanding of the safety significance in the operation and maintenance of the stations and MEP systems preferably in a railway environment and always place this safety as the highest priority.
- Review the O&M Contractors’ submissions FM and MEP including asset and maintenance plans, procedures and instructions.
- Monitor and report on MEP maintenance delivery activities by O&M contractors; verify that it is being carried out safely and to the Employer’s satisfaction.
- Advise on the Asset Management and Maintenance Strategy relating to FM scope
- Monitor, audit and report Key Performance Indicators (KPI) relating to FM scope
- Represent the FM & Buildings Manager, as needed.
- Physically fit and able to conduct site inspections across a vast geographical area
- Perform other duties as directed, in support of the Asset & Maintenance Team and the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in any Engineering discipline along with proven experience in design or maintenance.
- Preferably a recognized FM qualification, Degree, Masters, CFM
- Preferably working knowledge of ISO 41001:2018 and LEED
- IOSH an advantage
- Additional similar experience combined with alternative relevant qualifications may be considered as a substitute for bachelor’s degree requirement.
Knowledge and Experience
- In depth knowledge on associated discipline standards and building systems. Maintenance requirements and fault finding.
- Experienced in the delivery, management and supervisor on a full range of Soft Services
- Experienced in MEP service delivery with specialist knowledge in HVAC/ Electrical/ Plumbing/ BMS/ FFE/ FFE
- The Candidate will ideally have a minimum of 10 years’ experience which will include hands on maintenance experience.
- CMMS preferably MAXIMO working knowledge
- Experience in managing iconic/trophy facilities
- Previous experience in a similar role will be advantageous
- Experience in middle east preferred
- Management experience in dealing with both ends of the hierarchy
- Consultative experience advantageous
Skills and Aptitude
- Able to work within a collaborative team that promotes sharing of knowledge and experience.
- The Candidate must be physically capable of carrying out site visits and inspections in a railway environment, throughout the construction, testing & commissioning and operational phases of the project.
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills.
- Driving license
- The project language is English. The candidate must have excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Arabic language would be advantageous
- Ability of other languages.
- Work to tight deadlines.
- Working with multiple priorities.
- Managing project deadlines.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- 21 working days annual leave, 6 day work week
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Our Latest Articles