Building Surveying Administrator
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading construction and property consultancies operating at the forefront of the transport, property and industry sectors. Part of the SNC Lavalin & Atkins group we provide Building Surveying services to a wide range of clients across various sectors both regionally and nationally. We place great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
We are looking for a Building Surveying Administrator to work with our growing team of Building Surveyors. Based in our Leeds office, you shall work as part of our team to meet our service delivery commitments.
Working for Faithful+Gould you will be involved in solving real problems from day one, with exposure to some of the most demanding projects.
We encourage vision, problem-solving, ambition, enthusiasm and drive. We recognise that people are the key to our success and the future of our business. We therefore ensure that we provide our employees with a varied workload and encourage them to extend themselves to reach their potential.
You will perform several duties including:
• Provision of confidential administration support and maintaining a high level of discretion.
• Supporting the Building Surveying team with diary management (electronic and paper), including organisation of both internal and external meetings, conference calls, and video links.
• Coordinating recruitment activities in partnership with HR and management.
• Compilation and distribution of papers and presentation slides for meetings.
• Production of reports, letters and minutes as required.
• Arrange Surveyor appointments, population of condition surveys, FRA’s and access audit templates.
• Standardising basic fee proposals and documenting/logging incoming purchase orders.
• Supporting management with co-ordination of personal development reviews (PDR’s) and online Skillport completions.
• Arranging travel/accommodation via external travel consultants web tool as required.
• Co-ordinating the completion of personal risk assessments and site-specific risk assessments are completed, as well as supporting Project Health Checks.
• Acting as an important point of contact to the team, building good relationships at all levels.
• Proficient use of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to produce correspondence, agendas and minutes, creating and formatting reports, Excel schedules, and PowerPoint presentations, often to tight deadlines.
• Filing of electronic and hard copy correspondence and documentation and managing filing system· Printing, binding and collating large tender documents, often working to tight timescales.
• Production of invoices, covering letters and liaison with finance department as appropriate.
• Entering new clients and instructions using in-house CRM database and using CRM reporting tools to compile data for team reporting.
• Other ad hoc/general duties when required.
• Setting up projects through our internal stagegate system and our business management systems.
• Ensuring time entry for the team on a weekly basis.
• Typing up reports and minutes for Surveyors
We are looking for individuals that can think laterally and possess a sound understanding of electronic database systems, typical Microsoft computer programmes and keyboard skills. Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and can build and develop relationships, both internally and externally.
Candidates should hold relevant educational qualifications in English, Maths, IT etc. Those candidates having the ability to multi task and understand that change and progress will happen and who are prepared to meet challenging targets will be preferred.
The candidates will have:
• Previous administration experience in a busy office environment.
• Experience working within a construction consultancy or building surveying environment highly desirable.
• Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook (Advanced Level) In Design advantageous.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal·
• Outstanding attention to detail.
• Ability to use initiative & be proactive.
• Team player who is adaptable and flexible to business needs.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive information with discretion.
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritise a busy workload.
Faithful+Gould will support you personally in providing training & development opportunities to help drive forward your career progression and ensure that you possess the necessary skills to excel in your role.
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. Faithful+Gould has been accredited with Investors In People.
To join a company that is as committed to diversity as it is to excellence click to apply.
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance
Our Latest Articles