Building Surveyor/Assistant Project Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Building Surveyor/Assistant Project Manager
Atkins’ Building Design combines the best in architecture, engineering and surveying to provide a full suite of services to clients in the public and private sector. Whether designing iconic buildings or maintaining property portfolios, Building Design prides itself in offering intelligent, sustainable solutions and unrivalled expertise.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is self-motivated, delivering quality projects for a diverse range of our clients, including high profile Blue Light clients and local government. The position can be based from either our Colchester, London or Epsom office depending on the candidate’s preference. We offer flexible working arrangements, but a degree of travel will be required between these offices as well as client’s offices.
- Working towards being a MRICS or APM qualified (or equivalent) with surveying / design co-ordination experience as well as project management experience.
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- This is both outward and inward facing role so requires someone with client facing experience who can work with a number of prestigious clients providing core project management services with a positive proactive approach, delivering excellent service with positive commercial results.
- ideally has contract experience with NEC3 and JCT Form of Contract.
- Excellent team/client interpersonal, presentation skills.
- Strong customer focus, ability to problem solve, advising clients on cost effective and practical solutions to all matters related to property and facilities.
- Sound business acumen and strong risk and commercial awareness.
- An aptitude towards developing and winning new work.
- Knowledge of current legal requirements in respect of construction and associated legislation.
- Excellent, proven project management skills with a sound knowledge of construction.
- IT skills, with experience of MS Project and PowerProject software desirable.
- Understanding of BIM.
- The ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
- A proactive and flexible working attitude.
- Current, clean driving licence.
- Delivery of project management and contract administration to agreed brief, scope and budgets.
- Reviewing the project brief, contract terms (Consultancy Agreement), schedule/scope of services and ensuring that there is a common understanding of this across the team and sufficient provision in the resource plans and cost estimates.
- Leading the project team – building, motivating, maintaining, coaching, guiding and developing the team; including providing regular feedback to all team members.
- Communicating, liaising and managing the client on a project by project basis.
- Actively managing the project – technically and financially, in accordance with corporate and business policies, directives, guidance and procedures.
- Financial management of projects both internally and external client budget management.
- Establish client briefs, appropriate fees, and cost control through to completion.
- Financial, commercial and risk management from project inception through to completion on own projects including implementation of robust change control processes.
- Management of the production of tender documents.
- Defining line of communication and the responsibilities for co-ordination within the project team.
- Monitoring and reporting performance against programme, technical quality, financial and KPI targets; taking, or advising the PD on the requirements for, any necessary mitigation actions to prevent targets being missed.
- Mentoring and developing of assistant project managers and other team members.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.