Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing an emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are supported in full.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior/ Associate/Associate Director Building Surveyor within our Leeds office. The role will involve supporting and managing our surveying teams throughout the Yorkshire area on a variety of projects within the public and private sector. You will work on a range of project such as: .
• Planned maintenance and improvement schemes supporting numerous local authority frameworks – Project values £10k to £1m;
• Undertaking condition surveys, reports and providing Forward Maintenance plans on a variety of property portfolios and managing the resultant works;
• Regular Party Wall Award, dilapidations negotiations and other professional appointments;
• Contract administration and management of alteration/refurbishment projects for a variety of sectors including Education, Residential, Heritage, Retail and Industrial.
• Competent delivery of all contractual and technical aspects of projects with minimum supervision including the delegation and management of junior team members
• Supporting the senior managers in the day-to-day running of the business
• Maintenance of Commercial and Quality Control Procedures for projects under your control
• Working across a number of projects in different sectors and being able to provide a range of building surveying duties
• The use and application of standard forms of building contract, such as JCT/NEC
• Mentoring and training the junior Building Surveyors under your supervision and an active participation in the APC programme
• Developing business with new and existing clients across the Yorkshire region and beyond
• A BSc (Hons) Building Surveying or similar degree (or equivalent)
• RICS Chartered surveyor
• Current UK Driving Licence
• Sound technical surveying knowledge
• Experience managing clients and their expectations coupled with a strong understanding of profitability
• Good sound knowledge of drafting technical documents including bids
• Good AutoCAD skills
• Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements
To do well in this role and help shape our business you’ll need to be able to demonstrate the following:
• Excellent communication skills at all levels
• Good client facing skills
• Good commercial skills and awareness
• The ability to present well, as well as create good presentations and write reports
• Effective problem solving skills
• Good time management and organisational skills
• Good team working and good people management skills, ability to lead and set a good example to others
• Competent in the delivery of projects to Client time and quality expectations
• Take pride in what you do, upholding the reputation of Faithful+Gould Ltd
To join a company that is as committed to diversity as it is to excellence click apply now.
Faithful+Gould want to hear from you.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, in the UK & Europe, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.