Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, in the UK & Europe, is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing strong emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Due to continued growth, we currently have an opportunity for a Building Surveyor to join our established team in Nottingham.
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses exemplary communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, who will provide a first-class service to our clients.
- Able to demonstrate a keen interest within the construction sector.
- Demonstrate a highly motivated, proactive approach to work matters.
- An ability to conduct themselves in a courteous manner with a high level of professionalism.
- An ability to communicate via the telephone and IT equipment.
- Have a conscientious and attentive attitude to work at all times.
- IT literate with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Full driving licence and own car.
- Preferably to have some experience of construction & building services activities.
- Will commit to work to the Faithful+Gould values of positive, professional and collaborative working
- Will have the drive and self-motivation to self-manage further industry qualification and to continuously develop technical & behavioural skills
- Will commit to the agreed training plan and objectives,
- Will have the ability to apply technical knowledge in analyzing problems and creating solutions
- Will be able to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams
- Can demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can demonstrate the ability to work both collaboratively and on your own initiative
- Will have a flexible approach to work
- Can demonstrate a strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgement
- Will be able to show evidence of the ability to write cogent and grammatical reports
- As a Building Surveyor, you will be part of a team and will gain experience of the building surveying discipline on a wide variety of surveying projects:
- Helping compile scopes of work
- Contributing to project planning and execution
- Develop a detailed understanding of construction technology and building services
- Attending design team and construction stage team meetings
- Learning to work collaboratively on large scale survey projects
- Assisting in the preparation of KPI or project benchmarking information
- Liaising with your senior colleagues to ensure technical deliverables are delivered on time to the client requirements
- Attending site under own initiative and conduct accurate surveys where appropriate
- Managing own workload
- Undertake all matters relating to the agreed training plan
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme.
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured training scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not refer to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs