Building Surveyor / Senior Building Surveyor - Epsom
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins’ Infrastructure division combines the best in surveying, engineering and architecture to provide a full suite of services to clients in the public and private sector. Whether designing iconic buildings or maintaining property portfolios, Atkins prides itself in offering intelligent, sustainable solutions and unrivalled expertise.
As a result of securing new contracts we have the opportunity to recruit a Building Surveyor or Senior Building Surveyor in to our Epsom offices. You will join a national Building Surveying practice and work in a multi-disciplinary environment to deliver a full suite of building surveying duties. We can offer extremely varied and interesting work with a number of high profile public and private sector clients including work for Local Authorities and Central Government.
This position would be an excellent opportunity for a Building Surveyor to develop their career within a forward-thinking organisation.
• Working across a number of projects in different sectors and providing a range of building surveying duties.
• Responsibility for smaller projects and assistance on major projects with defined levels of responsibility
• Assisting with the development of new and repeat business where possible
• Managing the client relationship and service delivery on a project by project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues
• Refurbishment schemes
• Project management
• Planned maintenance surveys
• Condition surveys
• Defect investigation and diagnosis
• Specialist technical advice on new acquisitions and developments of property
• BSc (Hons) Building Surveying degree (or equivalent qualification)
• RICS Chartered Building Surveyor or working towards
• Ability to demonstrate good all-round surveying experience
• Desire to develop a career within a consultancy environment
• Good team working skills and ability to communicate well at all levels
• A full driving licence and prepared to travel as required
• Good IT skills, Word and Excel as a minimum. Knowledge of CAD systems would be an advantage
• Sound knowledge of construction and basic knowledge of building services
• Ability to show evidence of continuing professional development (CPD)
• Ability to present well with good literacy and numeracy skills
• Experience of managing clients and their expectations
• Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements
• CSCS approved would be an advantage or required to be obtained through Atkins following appointment
• Current full, clean driving licence is essential
• Some of our clients require us to work in secure environments, therefore it will be necessary to complete various vetting processes and obtain clearance as this is a pre-requisite to work.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.