Building Surveyor- Tunbridge Wells
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Faithful+Gould is a long established, international company with a great reputation for delivering a variety of consultancy services to a diverse client range. We place great emphasis on staff training and development which allows us to provide an unrivalled level of service. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure great career experience and opportunities are provided for you to take advantage of.
Exciting opportunities have arisen for Building Surveyors to join the fast expanding Kent, Sussex and Surrey based Building Surveying teams. The Tunbridge Wells team has been established since 1999, you would become part of a 35 strong, multi-disciplined team which continues to win an exciting variety of work throughout the South-East. You will be supporting our growing portfolio of exciting Social Care and Education projects arising from our appointment to the West Sussex County Council Multi-Disciplinary Consultant Partnership Framework and to support on a variety of interesting projects and services across various sectors, in Kent, Sussex & Surrey. We are also looking to grow our team in the Epsom office, you will also be required to support our London based Building Surveying team as required. This role has excellent prospects for an individual who is looking to develop their career and to support the growth of our Building Surveying Teams in Kent, Sussex & Surrey.
Your experience in managing client relationships and dealing with legal and technical issues is key in developing new business. In this role, you will regularly liaise with senior colleagues to help build a profitable service and positive, high performing team environment.
The Building Surveyor role should interest candidates who have the technical expertise in delivering Building Surveying Services to clients but in particular those who are interested in all aspects of design and specification. The post-holder will work closely with the Senior Surveyors and Managing Surveyors and responsibilities will include:
• Undertaking a wide range of Building Surveying duties, under supervision
• Assist in the growth of our professional services offering (party wall and acquisitions being a major part of this role)
• Carry out surveys, inspections, schedules etc and the overall management of minor works projects in the South East
• Design and Specification including the preparation of drawings
• Attendance at / and leading on meetings with clients and other technical specialists;
• Delivery and management of project teams to ensure projects are on time and budget.
• Contributing technical skills and knowledge to the team in order to maintain and improve the quality of our work and the expertise of our people
You will be responsible for managing small to medium scale projects and therefore will be confident in delegating where necessary and/or asking for support and advice from the more senior members of the team. You will be client focused, looking at opportunities to reduce risk and issues associated with schemes. This will require close working with other specialists to realise innovative solutions to design.
We are looking for a motivated and sharp minded Building Surveyor who has:
• A BSc (Hons) in Building Surveying or a similar degree accredited by RICS
• Theoretical and practical knowledge of Revit would be an advantage. Proficient at CAD is essential as a minimum
• Experience in professional building surveying services
• An ability to manage their own time
• Mathematical ability and an understanding of the need for accuracy in all your work
• Technical surveying knowledge, demonstrating growing experience and ability
• A professional manner and outlook
• A focus on client satisfaction and have experience of liaising directly with clients
• Punctuality and a commitment
• IT literate –a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software packages including CAD / Revit and NBS specification writer etc
• Strong written and communication skills
• Ability to solve problems
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a professional manner
• Commercially aware
• Builder of strong working relationships
• Able to work alone and as part of a team
• Good report and letter writing skills
• Innovative and proactive.
Rewards and Benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.