Building Systems Specialist
Building Systems Specialist
HVAC Building Systems Specialist
Why join us?
We are hiring in the Washington D.C ! Working independently and as the leader of a team this role is responsible for inventory heating, ventilation, air conditioning, fire, electrical and related items within major commercial buildings in downtown Washington DC with our nationally recognized federal client. Role will consist of recording equipment attributes (e.g. manufacturer, model and serial numbers, parent-child relationships, etc.), bar coding the assets and recording the data into a web based asset management system. The role will involve a combination of independent working and managing project assigned staff in order to maintain productivity and quality standards. This is a fulltime internal position with Faithful+Gould that comes with robust benefits.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project controls and consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with several high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the Fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Most assignments are performed independently. Makes decisions on technical problems and methods. Receives approval on proposed plans for projects and general direction as to results expected or on unusual problems.
- Routinely interfaces with clients. Interfaces with senior technical staff and technical managers as needed.
- Thorough understanding of building systems and their components, will be organized and efficient, and will have demonstrated leadership and manager abilities. With a minimum of five years of relatable experience, the candidate should be self-motivated and have a strong focus on quality and productivity goals.
- Able to pass a government background check
What will you contribute?
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience in Facilities Management, Architecture, Construction, or an associated Engineering field and have a minimum of four years of related experience on a variety of facilities. Must be familiar with all types of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems and equipment.
- Good reporting and data management skills are required and ability to meet frequent tight deadlines. Must have professional attitude and a strong commercial awareness, be able to deal directly and communicate effectively with clients and other staff both verbally and in writing. Must be self-motivated and have the ability to successfully manage client’s expectations, schedule and cost with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
- Proficient in using spreadsheet programs, such as Microsoft Excel.
- PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATIONS: Mechanical, electrical or architectural certifications are preferred.
- This position has Physical Demands:
- walk (for most of an 8-hour workday and up to 3 to 4 continuous hours at one time)
- Climb ladders (including vertical ladders up multiple stories) and/or steep roof stairs (for each building assessed, at least once per on-site assessment)
- stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (to observe basement and grade-level crawl spaces, and/or to read equipment data plates when necessary)
What we offer at Faithful+Gould:
At Faithful+Gould, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Faithful+Gould Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs