Building Technician I
Building Technician I
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
We are looking for a highly motivated, customer service focused Building Technician I who, along with a team of technicians, will be responsible to provide a variety of general maintenance duties throughout the facility including, but not limited to completing daily tenant/client requests, assisting in the operation and maintenance of environmental, mechanical (HVAC & plumbing, water treatment) and electrical systems (lighting and distribution) in support of one of our building operations and maintenance projects.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the successful candidate will possess a solid understanding of general maintenance practices, knowledge and ability to operate maintenance tools/equipment safely, willingness to progress, learn new things and with strong customer service/communication skills.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Assisting with mechanical/electrical system maintenance and preventative maintenance.
- Assisting with HVAC system maintenance and preventative maintenance.
- Assisting with Life safety equipment maintenance and preventative maintenance.
- Furniture moves and minor repairs.
- Ad hoc painting and drywall repairs.
- Light bulb changes, filter changes, battery changes.
- Inspection of various equipment per PM schedule.
- Maintain workshop and all mechanical areas ensuring equipment is clean and properly maintained.
- Liaise with contractors in the building and monitor as required.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor with other duties as required.
- Comply with all Occupational Health and Safety legislation, guidelines, standards, policies, procedures and practices at all times.
What will you contribute?
- 1-3 years relevant work experience.
- Building Environmental Systems I or equivalent. Candidates without certification but willing to enroll within 6 months will also be considered.
- Technical certifications considered an asset.
- Comfortable with technology and computerized systems including a working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs safely.
- Ability work independently and with a team is required.
- Must be willing and able to work after hours and weekends when required; must be available for on-call rotation to respond to after-hours service requests.
- Valid driver’s license is preferred.
- Must have ability to obtain federal/provincial/local security clearance.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Highly motivated with a strong customer service focus.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy good compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire candidates with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs