Why Join Us?
Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction offering challenges that never cease to inspire. Take this opportunity to go further.
SNC-Lavalin Operations & Maintenance Inc. is recognized as one of Canada’s leading outsourced operations and maintenance solutions experts, a division of SNC-Lavalin Group Inc., the largest engineering and construction firm in Canada, and one of the five largest in the world. We continue to grow our business globally.
Our team members across the country and the globe deliver superior service to every one of our clients. Our people are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none. Our team embraces challenges and is engaged in working together to contribute to our business objectives.
This position reports to the Building Technician Lead out of Gander, NL office. The successful candidate is responsible for the effective operation of the electrical, mechanical, environmental operational systems including but are not limited to heating, air conditioning, ventilation, plumbing, major refrigeration systems, electrical lighting and distribution, and water treatment.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Perform the scheduled preventive maintenance and general maintenance on the mechanical/electrical systems, HVAC systems and life safety equipment.
- Provide excellent customer service to tenants.
- Monitor the environmental and protection systems for buildings.
- Comply with all Occupational Health and Safety legislation, guidelines, standards, policies, procedures and practices.
What you will contribute?
- A certificate in Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, or a recognized Building Systems Technician program is preferred and at least 2 years of job related experience. Electrical trade being the strongest asset.
- Working knowledge of environmental, mechanical, electrical, and life safety systems for office and warehouse facilities, including DDC systems.
- Ability to make effective technical decisions in emergency situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated with a strong customer service focus.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Must be willing and able to work after hours and weekends as required and to be available for standby rotation to respond to after hours service requests.
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle.
What we offer at SNC Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
All candidates are welcome to apply; however, preference will be given to local candidates.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs