Building Technician Lead
Building Technician Lead
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction offering challenges that never cease to inspire. Take this opportunity to go further.
SNC-Lavalin Operations and Maintenance is recognized as one of Canada’s leading outsourced operations and maintenance solutions experts, a division of SNC-Lavalin Group Inc., the largest engineering and construction firm in Canada, and one of the five largest in the world. We continue to grow our business globally.
We’re now growing, and are beginning to develop our maintenance operations for Central Newfoundland’s new Care Homes located in Grand Falls- Windsor and Gander. These state of the art buildings are set to open up later in 2020 when construction is completed. We are in need now to bring on a Building Technician Lead to oversee these operations.
This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor within Eastern Canada. The successful candidate will be responsible for the effective operation of the electrical, mechanical, environmental operational systems including but not limited to heating, air conditioning, ventilation, plumbing, major refrigeration systems, electrical lighting and distribution, and water treatment.
- Collaborate with the Activation team to prepare the site for operations;
- Plan and ensure execution of the scheduled preventive maintenance and general maintenance on the mechanical/electrical systems, HVAC systems and life safety equipment;
- Manage procurement;
- Assist the project team, if required;
- Provide excellent customer service to our client stakeholder, meeting the response and rectification times required by the P3 contract – acting as the liaison on any requests or issues that come up on a day to day basis;
- Plan, supervise and evaluate the work performed by the SNC technician and sub-contractors;
- Manage the execution of subcontractor work, including scheduling, communication, and delivery of all items;
- Liaise with the client management representatives on site;
- Liaise with Management in providing them with all required information for contract management and reporting;
- Participate in meetings with the client;
- Monitor the environmental and protection systems for buildings;
- Comply with all Occupational Health and Safety legislation, guidelines, standards, policies, procedures and practices.
- A certificate in Mechanical, HVAC, or a recognized Building Systems Technician program is preferred and at least 5 years of job related experience. Mechanical trade being the strongest asset;
- Working knowledge of environmental, mechanical, electrical, and life safety systems for office and warehouse facilities, including DDC systems;
- Ability to make effective technical decisions in emergency situations;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Highly motivated with a strong customer service focus;
- Past experience in managing and organizing subcontractors – and the accountability for past work order execution;
- Recent experience as a trades supervisor or team lead;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Word and Excel;
- Must be willing and able to work after hours and weekends as required and to be available to respond to afterhours service requests;
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle.
All candidates are welcome to apply; however, preference will be given to local candidates within the Central NL area.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs