Business Analyst - HR Systems
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins Ltd. part of the SNC-Lavalin Group is one of the leading engineering Global consultancies. It requires world leading technology services.
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen for a Business Analyst, based in Epsom with a number of years business experience to work as a team member within the Corporate Systems (HR, Finance, Customer Relationship Management, Project Management) function to ensure the most effective use of IT is made and to help in the achievement of business targets. The role reports to the HR Systems Manager.
The core focus of this role will be on corporate Systems for HR and Reward; Oracle HRMS and Workday. Experience of both these systems would be beneficial. The role will undertake to support the Technical Corporate System team and Project Team members in the identification, analysis, refining, communicating and managing of business requirements. To identify and manage all associated costs and benefits during the life of a project to assure the system solution delivered meets the needs of the business it must support. To be key at the scoping stage and engaged throughout the entire project life-cycle. The Business Analyst is the focal point for the systems delivery team in understanding what the business needs are. Conversely, the Business Analyst is also the focal point in helping the customer’s business representatives to understand what is being delivered and how best to make use of it. The candidate will need to be able to clarify tasks and work with minimal supervision.
- Degree level intellect.
- Good Knowledge of Business Analysis methods and practices in at least one business analysis role with experience over a minimum of at least 6-8 projects of varying size and complexity.
- Ability to identify and scope task to complete work packages with minimal supervision.
- Good theoretical understanding of the Project and Systems Development Lifecycle with Business Analysis experience on several key projects in at least one stage lifecycle.
- Good awareness of technology and the benefits it can offer an organisation.
- Oracle HRMS HR/Payroll system knowledge OR
- Workday HCM system knowledge
- Minor travel required to other Atkins offices in the UK and potentially minor overseas travel.
- HR functional knowledge
- Reward/Payroll functional knowledge
- Producing Business Analyst deliverables, concentrating on a larger organisational area, considering several processes possibly across more than one system.
- Self managing with minor supervision. Seeks input from mentors and supervisors and actively seeks to apply feedback received to improve performance and career growth.
- Gathering information to support the Technical System team/Project Team, leading elements of data collection and being responsible for production of specified deliverables to gain a comprehensive understanding of a particular business area and making suggestions to resolve a particular problem.
- Modelling, proposing improvements and gaining consensus on “as is” and “to be” processes and data (with minor supervision & guidance).
- Eliciting, analysing, documenting, prioritising, validating and managing change on business requirements, owning the requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Working with Design, Systems Analysts, and Solution Architects to support them in the Design / Functional Specification of solutions.
- Supporting the Technical System Team/Project Manager and Commercial Team to select, evaluate and procure software against the business requirements.
- Supporting the Technical Systems Team/Project Manager with tasks to produce Business Cases (e.g. costs and benefits) and Project Management documentation and ad hoc analysis.
- Development of Test Scripts.
- Supporting the Technical Systems Team/Project Management with tasks associated with business readiness for a system implementation.
- Self check of quality via checklists and responsible for gaining formal sign off via peer review from the BA team.
- Representing the customer (acting as a proxy) in the delivery team throughout the project. Conversely, representing the technical team in communication with the customer.
- To champion and support the continuous improvement of Business Analysis.
- Leading/documenting the full testing life cycle for all new system functionality/changes/patches, working closely with the project/users to ensure timely and focused completion and sign off
- Awareness and involvement in the change and demands processes for all projects
- Methodical, logical.
- Analytical, questioning aptitude.
- Ability to surface all different stakeholder perspectives to enable a consensus on moving forward.
- Customer focused.
- Enthusiastic and self motivated.
- Good interpersonal skills and communications skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent written skills with the ability to summarise up from the detail.
- Lateral and free thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a team with a sense of urgency with the confidence to escalate when this is not feasible.
- Business (process) rather than systems focus.
- Flexible attitude to work.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.