Why join us?
We are Hiring! Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated Business Analyst to join our Denver, CO team. The ideal candidate will apply analytical skills to business requests and communicate these business wants/needs in a clear and unambiguous manner. The emphasis for this position is to understand the needs of the business and translate them into a form that can be understood and acted on by the client or supporting software developers. The analysis may consist of several areas such as Business/Subject Knowledge, IT capabilities, financial and business feasibilities, costs, relevance, data, and dependencies across other business or project areas. This role will also participate in design specification reviews and technical documentation reviews and develops and reviews test plans, status reports, and process models.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, technology, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Captures, analyzes, and documents business requirements.
- Contributes to the entire software development life cycle from initial business requirements to deployment and production support.
- Creates process maps, diagrams and documentation.
- Prepares written and verbal deliverables and reports.
- Develops and follows test plans and matrices.
- Presents analysis results as needed for management and client reviews.
- Prepares project schedule and budget analysis.
- Create Reports for internal efforts and client facing activities.
- Provide Quantitative and Qualitative analysis on work product.
- Work on multiple tasks and projects managing output for each project in a timely manner.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- B.S. degree in an engineering discipline, Computer Science, Economics, Business, Law, Information Technology or Communications
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience preferred OR
- Some exposure to industry standards such as ASQ, APQC, ISO, Six Sigma, SEI, PMI, or IIBA encouraged
- Experience creating reports within PowerBi is encouraged
- Experience with Project and Program Management software is a bonus
- Prior experience working on or supporting Program Management Offices is a bonus
- Good technical writing, analytical and communications skills essential, including ability to present concepts verbally. Working knowledge of Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project is encouraged
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint
- Performs work which involves the application of industry best practices regarding business process analysis, quality management, and client interaction
- Conducts investigations, surveys, requirements gathering and definition, and technology reviews requiring the use of analysis, interpretation, and deductive reasoning. Carries out diverse projects or phases of a single project with a limited number of complex features
- Consistently exercises client focused judgment, receiving instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and possible solutions. Work is reviewed for application of sound professional judgment and assistance is furnished on unusual problems
- May coordinate with and/or guide the work of other business analysts or junior professionals and technicians
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Salary Range: $70,000-$78,000 annual
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs