This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin's Nuclear team in Canada provides leading nuclear technology products and full-service solutions to nuclear utilities around the globe.
Our team of engineering, procurement, construction and project management experts offer customized operations, maintenance and plant life management services, including waste management and decommissioning for light water and CANDU-type reactors.
Our experts in nuclear steam plant and balance of plant engineering carry out life extension projects, and design and deliver state-of-the-art CANDU® reactors, which are capable of operating on many types of fuel including natural uranium, mixed oxide (MOX) fuel, recycled uranium (RU) and thorium. We are the stewards of CANDU technology.
The 47 heavy water reactors in operation, under construction or under life extension are based on our CANDU design and are an important component of clean air energy programs on four continents. CANDU technology provides safe, reliable, affordable and CO2-free energy to support the economic viability of businesses and quality of life for consumers in Canada, Romania, Korea, China and Argentina. CANDU reactors have an outstanding performance record, taking four of the top five places on Nuclear Engineering International's 2013 Top Lifetime Performers List.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Senior Director, Product Development, the Business Analyst will provide support to the Marketing and Business Development team in various areas including budget analysis and forecasting, monthly reporting, and business case preparation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position encompasses the following major responsibilities:
- Monitoring and providing accurate and timely reporting on the overall Marketing and Business Development budget.
- Preparation of annual business sales budgeting and quarterly forecasts
- Preparation of business cases for new products being introduced in Product Develop
- Coordination of the inputs for and assembly of the annual Business Plan
- Preparation of monthly Pipeline Reports and convening monthly Review Meetings with the Marketing and Business Development and P&L Leads
- Preparation of monthly management reports (MMR) and Business Development Operations Reports
- Collection and statistical analysis of NPS
- Analysis of proposal win rates
- Creation of Project Fact Sheets for Proposals
- Conducting market research including preparation of weekly market news reports
- Coordination of Conferences and Trade Shows
IV. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- This position requires an undergraduate degree in business or engineering from an accredited university, or equivalent experience, plus a minimum of 5 years practical working experience in the engineering field.
- A minimum of 5 years of practical experience in business role with strong analytical skills. Experience in the nuclear industry would be an asset.
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong initiative, drive and resourcefulness.
- A team player.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences