Business Analyst - Interim
The Atkins Transportation UK division brings together the capabilities of their key markets, Strategic Highways, Strategic Rail, Local Transport into a single £375m+ turnover business of 3,000 talented engineers and professionals. The transport infrastructure sector is experiencing unprecedented levels of investment and Atkins is playing lead roles in key projects across the UK from high-speed rail to major road programmes to digital railway implementation. But it is not just about today, the business is investing and building new capability and services in intelligent mobility, digital asset management and new products for the rail market. The Atkins teams work closely with Government, national and local authorities to deliver integrated transport strategies and solutions that support economic growth and improved journeys for all.
The unique breadth of services in transportation, combined with their scale makes them the leading UK transport engineering consultancy enabling Atkins to inspire their people and collaborate with their clients to shape the future of transportation.
You will be given key responsibility and exposure to our Transportation business and you will be accountable for the overall quality and timeliness of the delivery of a specific assignment(s).
The successful individual will be expected to help develop and improve our business by:
- Support in the definition and implementation of business wide KPIs to support the consolidation and streamlining of our reporting process
- Conduct including the monthly/quarterly analysis of operations results, review of data accuracy and integrity in various systems, participation in monthly operations meetings; and business improvements meetings
- Prepare internal and external reporting schedules on a quarterly basis with emphasis
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly and quarterly review materials for leadership team
- Assist in the year end operations performance review and reporting
- Proactivity bring visibility to potential performance exceptions
- Generate key reports and operations KPIs monthly and issued to operations leadership
- Participate in monthly meetings to review, understand and document major performance variances
- Facilitate workshops to gather inputs for KPI dashboards and engage people around the new ways of working
- Contributing to the development of Operational Improvement tools, techniques and methods that can be shared to build capabilities within our Operational Improvement team and Business Consulting practice.
- You have strong financial & data analysis skills
- You have solid experience working with data visualization tools and creating data visualization concepts. (Excel, Tableau, or similar)
- You will experience developing operations and business models in order to conduct analysis
- You have at least a degree or equivalent qualification and may hold, or be working towards, a professional qualification (such as ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis, IIBA accreditation, CIMA, ACCA, Six Sigma Black Belt)
- You have strong written communication skills and the ability to write documents which are compelling, engaging and unambiguous
- You demonstrate high level of problem-solving ability in relation to technically complex or conceptually abstract ideas
- You present complex solutions and concepts effectively and make persuasive cases based on analysis
- You have a variety of business analyst & consulting capabilities and techniques to suit different situations. These might include strategy development, research, analysis, organisational development, culture change, IT-enabled change, business process analysis, change impact assessment, coaching and/or mentoring; training development and delivery
- It would be advantageous to have experience of creating deliverables using recognised modelling standards and notations.
- It would also be desirable to have knowledge and practical experience of recognised modelling products (e.g. ARIS, BizzDesign)
- You are an excellent team player with the ability to communicate and engage at all levels with a variety of stakeholders
- You can demonstrate an ability to transfer skills and knowledge to colleagues
- You are proactive in your approach to work and enjoy working with a variety of people as well as being comfortable with progressing work independently
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles