Business & Project Support Officer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Business & Project Support Officer (PSO)
Location – Epsom Woodcote Grove
12 month FTC – maternity cover
Who we are
Atkins is one of the world’s leading design, engineering and project management consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging projects. We’re looking for a confident and organised individual with excellent communication skills who thrive on supporting a business collaboratively.
What you’ll be doing
This is a varied and interesting role providing support to the projects, senior management team, capability teams along with office support responsibilities. Your role will be integral support 2 of our businesses – Nuclear and Oil & Gas as well as supporting on projects, assisting project managers, project updates and governance. Some responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Your role as a Business Support Officer would involve day to day activities such as
- Office Management (office and staff administration, organisation)
- Be the main point of contact for business and project related queries.
- Supporting colleagues with bookings (training, travelling, client meetings, etc.)
- Assist in compliance with Atkins Governance Policies and Procedures
- Implementing change/Positive Advocate for change and improvement
- Communications - Team briefs, internal team Webinars
- Support to Operations leads and Group Leads.
In your role, as a Project Support Officer you will be assisting the Project Managers through Project Administration which will involve but is not limited to;
- Document Management
- Assist in compliance with Atkins Governance and Project related Governance (Framework, Contract, etc.)
- Update Project Financial Trackers (current, forecast, accruals, etc.)
- Creating job numbers, allocations, subcodes, closing jobs.
Who we’re looking for
As a confident individual, you’ll enjoy taking on a wide variety of responsibilities and completing tasks in an efficient and timely manner. Attention to detail and the ability to make judgements under pressure is important in this role as you’ll be a trusted member of the team acting as an integral support enabling their success.
With excellent communication, stakeholder management and influencing skills, you’ll be able to build relationships effectively across a variety of cultures, people and areas. We are a dynamic and fast-paced business You also need to be comfortable and adaptable to working in new and changing environments.
- Fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, Sharepoint
- Effective Communication, across a variety of cultures, people and areas.
- Previous work experience in the Engineering Industry, preferably Energy
- Proactive and Health and Safety aware
This is an exciting time for Atkins, we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation. This promises to offer unprecedented career opportunities to our staff whilst we continue to grow our existing business units. For both Atkins and SNC-Lavalin, we continue to invest in people. Without the technical excellence of some 50,000 staff we would not be one of the world’s leading engineering and design consultancies. Our philosophy is to help our people navigate a career path which enables them to achieve their ambitions. We offer flexible, rewarding work packages tailored towards career progression, which are founded on the principles of growth, ambition and excellence.
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the energy sector and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.