Business Change Specialist - Fixed Term Contract (12 Months)
Business Change Specialist - Fixed Term Contract (12 Months)
Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planners and consultants. The unique breadth of services in Transportation, combined with our scale, makes Atkins the leading UK transportation infrastructure consultancy. We create a culture and environment to inspire our people, ensure collaboration with our clients and continue to shape the future of mobility.
To drive the Rail Signalling part of our business forward, we’ve established a separate profit centre for the business and are appointing a dedicated change specialist on a 12-month, fixed-term contract to support the communication and engagement of key transformational change deliverables.
The successful candidate will deliver all aspects of the business change and internal communications mix, including managing the delivery of change initiatives, working with stakeholders to identify and deliver engagement opportunities, providing advice, developing plans, creating tailored messaging and executing tactical activity. It will be your job to deliver activities which engage and involve employees so that they know what is expected of them, are informed of what’s happening in the company, and feel motivated to give their best.
Within this business of 400, you’ll have the opportunity to apply your creativity and experience in order to have a positive impact on the way we inform, inspire and involve our people in shaping the future of transportation.
This role is an excellent opportunity for someone who has a couple years of relevant change communications and engagement experience on their CV and is ready to take on more responsibility and autonomy while continuing to benefit from the guidance and support of others.
The role is based anywhere in the UK and from time to time, the role may require travel within the UK.
- Degree educated or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline would be preferred, but is not essential
- Professional qualification from a relevant discipline would be preferred, but is not essential
- Proven experience in delivering organisational and project-led business change, ideally in a corporate environment
- Proven experience in internal communications and/or employee engagement
- Experience and understanding of various business change and communications models, tools and techniques to achieve desired business outcomes
- Effective communication skills (visual, written and oral) to land the change with stakeholders and target audiences
- Experience of developing messaging and creating content for a range of online and offline channels
- Confident to advise others (including senior stakeholders) on best practice
- Able to build effective working relationships and influence people
- High energy, with the drive and enthusiasm to make things happen
- Highly organised and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated and able to take ownership of projects
- Able to cope with ambiguity and maintain resilience during periods of change
- Knowledge of the markets/industries that the organisation operates in
- Liaise with key stakeholders and workstream leads to identify areas of change requiring audience communication or engagement
- Identify the impact of change initiatives and advise stakeholder teams on how to engage their audiences effectively
- Develop strong relationships that enable you to fully understand the transformational business strategy, the change initiatives that sit within it, and the challenges and contexts of the stakeholders and audiences you support in order to deliver effective and engaging communications
- Develop, deliver and measure the communication and engagement strategy and plans at business and project level
- Work with the wider Transportation division’s internal communications manager to understand existing communication frameworks and channels to ensure consistency and alignment, and report on key activity
- Manage and deliver tactical change communications effectively and within corporate guidelines
- Devise effective reporting mechanisms and contribute to regular reporting on communications and engagement performance and outcomes.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, creative, collaborative team player who is willing to try new approaches to achieve results. They must have excellent verbal and written communications skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to translate complex subjects into clear, compelling and actionable messages.
The role is well suited for someone who is curious, has high levels of initiative and can drive things forward with minimal supervision. Given the nature of the role, it’s important that the successful candidate can quickly establish positive working relationships with others and is comfortable dealing with a diverse range of people at various levels of seniority.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support employees in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal which is available to access 24/7 from any device: http://www.yourrewardatkins.com
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs